In accordance with the ideals and principles of the osteopathic profession, applicants to schools and colleges of osteopathic medicine are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that demonstrates responsibility, integrity, veracity, and good judgment.
Applicants will demonstrate responsibility by taking ownership of all aspects related to the application process. Applicants must follow these guidelines:
- I understand that I am responsible for monitoring the progress of my application by monitoring email and the status check sections of the application.
- I am responsible for reviewing my application before submission. I am responsible for reviewing my application if notified by AACOMAS of any discrepancies and responding to such notice. Should any discrepancies or issues with the application arise, I am responsible for contacting AACOMAS to review these discrepancies.
- I understand that I am responsible for knowing and understanding the admission requirements of all colleges to which I am applying. Submitting an application to a college for which I do not meet all requirements will not constitute grounds for a refund of the application fee.
- Processing of my application begins as soon as I submit the application and provide application fee payment. I understand that once processing of an application begins, no refunds of the application fee will be made. I understand that if payment by credit card is rejected by the bank or credit card company, further processing of my application will be suspended until payment is satisfied, which will include an additional twenty-five dollar ($25) processing fee in addition to the resubmitted application fee.
- I certify that the information submitted as part of my application is accurate and complete and agree that I am responsible for updating AACOMAS with any information that may change subsequent to the filing of my application.
- I certify that I am the author of my personal statement and that any assistance I received in its preparation is fully acknowledged and disclosed in the statement. I have also cited any sources from which I used data, ideas, or words, either quoted directly or paraphrased. I also certify that my personal statement was prepared by me specifically for this application.
- I understand that should AACOMAS discover false or missing data, that AACOMAS will notify me of the discrepancy with a request for review. AACOMAS will also notify all colleges which I have designated, of the discrepancy and my response.
- I agree that AACOMAS may release all application information that has been submitted to AACOMAS to the osteopathic medical colleges that I designate.
- I agree that AACOMAS, its member institutions, and related health and education organizations may use this information for educational research purposes (including surveys) aimed at improving osteopathic medical education and admissions programs.
- I agree that AACOMAS may share demographic data with educational and health sciences organizations for research purposes.
- If I am admitted to an osteopathic medical college, I authorize the college in which I enroll to release my email address(es) to AACOMAS for educational research purposes.
- I understand that if false or missing data are discovered in my application, that such submission may constitute grounds for dismissal from an osteopathic medical college at any time, including post-matriculation.
- I acknowledge and accept that AACOM operates an irregularity process in order to clarify applicant information and in order to maintain a high level of integrity in its centralized application process. Any discrepancy found during the admissions process is subject to review by AACOM and its member colleges. Examples include:
- Failure to list previous institutions attended
- Communications with the application service, AACOM, or the colleges which are of an unprofessional nature
- Potentially falsified letters of recommendation, volunteer, or work experience, etc.
If you would like to request a copy of AACOM's Irregularity Procedure, click here.
Important: All applicants are required to agree to the AACOMAS Release (Applicant Responsibilities) in order to submit an application through AACOMAS.