Skip to main content

Other Colleges Attended


  • Do not report your current doctoral program in this section. That institution should be reported in the Current Graduate Program Information section. 
  • Report all other post-secondary institutions attended regardless of their relevance to the programs you are applying to. This includes, but is not limited to:
    • courses taken in high school for college or university credit
    • summer courses
    • community college courses
    • US military academies (note that this does not include courses on SMART or JST transcripts)
    • other post-baccalaureate, graduate, and doctoral work
    • study abroad, Canadian, and foreign work, etc. 
  • List all institutions on your application even if the coursework completed there was transferred to another institution.
  • Report each institution only once, regardless of the number of degrees earned or gaps in the dates of attendance.
  • Send official transcripts for each US or Canadian graduate institution attended. This includes non-psychology-related institutions. 

Adding a College or University

  1. Click Add New Entry
  2. Click in the Name of College/University field to select from a list of institutions. If you attended a foreign institution, enter it in the Name of the Non-U.S./Canadian (Foreign) Institution field. 
  3. Locate and select your institution in the list. If you don't see your institution, check to see if it is listed under an alternate name. If your institution is not listed, select Not Listed US/Canadian Institution and contact AAPI Online Customer Service for further instructions. 
  4. Enter information about the college or university and your attendance. 
  5. Enter your GPA. 
  6. If applicable, enter information about the degree(s) earned. If you did not earn a degree, select None from the Degree drop-down.
  7. Click Save

Sending Graduate Transcripts

Once you've added and saved a college or university, it is listed under Graduate College(s) Attended on the Other College(s) Attended page. For each US or Canadian graduate institution entered, click the icon under Transcript Matching Form to download and print a Transcript Request Form. Note that you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to view and print the file. Print and complete the form and then provide it to the college's or university's Registrar's Office so that they can send an official transcript to AAPI Online. See Sending Official Transcripts to AAPI Online for more information (and for information on sending electronic transcripts). 

  • Was this article helpful?