- You can only use the AAPI Online application to apply to sites that are registered with National Matching Service and participate in the APPIC Match. This includes all APPIC-member programs as well as a small number of non-member programs that participate in the APPIC Match. APPIC has not reviewed non-member programs for quality.
- Programs that do not participate in the APPIC Match handle their application process separately. Applicants are not permitted to send electronic or paper versions of the AAPI Online application to programs that do not meet the above criteria. If an ineligible site requests your AAPI Online application, please contact Dr. Kimberly Hill at email@example.com.
- Your Director of Clinical Training must review and verify the Summary of Doctoral Training section before you can submit your application.
Deadlines are determined by each participating program, not AAPI Online. For information regarding deadlines, contact the program directly or refer to the individual program designation websites. It is your responsibility to follow each site's application process, requirements, and deadlines.
See AAPI Online Application Fees for more information.
- Click Add New Entry.
- Select a state from the drop-down and click Search. Note that only states that have participating AAPI Online programs appear in the list.
- Click the checkboxes next to each program you want to apply to.
- Select the cover letter, essay, and curriculum vitae you want to send to this program from the corresponding drop-downs.
- Select the references you want to send to this program from the drop-downs. If you are not adding third or fourth references, select No Third Reference/No Fourth Reference.
- Select any supplemental materials you want to send this program from the drop-down.
- Click Save.
- Continue adding programs as needed.