- You can either choose to create one generic statement that is suitable for all programs you are applying to or you can create multiple tailored statements which specifically address each individual program.
- We recommend limiting your essays to less than 500 words each.
- Use your own words. Plagiarizing any part of your personal statement is a violation of AAPI Online policies and may subject you to sanctions.
- All uploaded documents will be converted to PDF format. This may change some of the formatting of your original document. Preview all documents after uploading. If your formatting has changed, we recommend converting the document to PDF before uploading it to your application.
Be sure to read over your essay several times to catch any spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc., errors before submitting. Once you submit your application, you cannot edit your essay. If you find an error after submission that you believe could have major effects on your application, we recommend sending a corrected copy directly to the programs you applied to.
Uploading Your Essay
- Click Add New Entry.
- Enter a title for the essay. We recommend using a title that clearly indicates which site the letter should be sent to if you are using different essays for different sites. This will help you accurately identify the proper letter when you are submitting your applications.
- Click Choose File, then locate and select your file.
- Click Upload File.
- Add more essays as needed. You can upload up to 75 essays.