- Transcripts must be sent to AAPI Online from all US and Canadian graduate institutions you listed in your application. We cannot process your application without receiving all of your transcripts.
- Foreign transcripts are NOT required; however we will accept these documents if they are translated in English. Foreign Evaluations are only accepted in paper format; electronic copies are not permitted.
- Transcripts should NOT be sent to AAPI Online for undergraduate institutions. If received, these documents will be destroyed. If your programs request these transcripts you must send them to the programs directly.
- Transcripts must be original. Transcripts that are photocopied, faxed, on file at a career center or Interfolio, etc. are not accepted.
- Transcripts must be addressed to AAPI Online. Transcripts addressed to you, a program, school, or any address other than AAPI Online are not accepted.
- Transcripts must be mailed by your registrar. For security purposes, we cannot accept transcripts mailed by you or anyone other than the registrar. If anything on your transcript indicates that it was issued to the student, picked up by you, or mailed to any address other than AAPI Online, your transcript will be rejected and you will need to send a new one.
- In rare occurrences where a school's computer system can only include the applicant's name in the transcript's Issue to field, instruct the registrar to mail the transcript to AAPI Online and include a letter stating the registrar's policy for addressing transcripts. Transcripts will not be accepted without this letter. Additionally, the transcript cannot have an "Issued to Student" or "Student Copy" stamp and cannot be picked up by the applicant.
How to Send Transcripts
- Enter your colleges in the Other Colleges Attended section before requesting any transcripts.
- Click the download icon in the Transcript Form column next to each school you listed and print each form.
- Contact the registrar at each institution you attended and request one transcript be sent to AAPI Online. You only need to submit one transcript from each school regardless of the number of programs you're applying to.
- Provide the registrar with the following items:
- AAPI Online Transcript Request Form. Ask the registrar to attach it to your official transcripts. This form ensures your official transcripts are properly matched to your application and processing may be delayed if you do not use it.
- Any school-specific forms required by the registrar.
- Any transcript fees required by the registrar.
- All information needed by the registrar to properly identify you in the school's database.
- Any name changes.
- Your AAPI Online ID#.
- Follow up with your school(s) to ensure that your transcripts were mailed, and obtain the date they sent them. Be aware that processing times vary by school and may take longer towards the end of a semester. Some schools may not send your transcript until the semester is over.
- Monitor the Status section to ensure your transcript is received. On average, it takes 7-10 business days for your transcript to post to your application from the date we receive it. If your transcript is not posted after this timeframe, contact Customer Service.
Sending Transcripts by Mail
Your registrar should mail your paper transcripts to the following address:
AAPI Online Transcript Processing Center
PO Box 9117
Watertown, MA 02471
We are not responsible for any materials lost in the mail or delays caused by the Registrar's Office. Express or certified mail does not guarantee faster processing or receipt.
Sending Transcripts Electronically
AAPI Online only accepts electronic transcripts from Credentials Solutions. If your school does not offer this service, your transcript must be sent by mail. We cannot accept transcripts sent via email.
If your school requires that you use a service other than Credentials Solutions, you should ask that service to mail the transcripts instead of sending them electronically. Since you cannot include the Transcript Request Form, you should include your full AAPI Online ID # when entering the AAPI Online mailing address.
Click here to see if your school offers the Credentials Solutions service. If your school is not listed, your transcript must be sent by mail. If your school is listed, click here and follow the instructions to proceed. Once your transcript is requested, it takes 7-10 business days for it to post to your application. If your transcript is not posted after this timeframe, contact Credentials Solutions directly to confirm the order was completed, then contact customer service.
The following scenarios can cause delayed application posting/processing and should be avoided whenever possible:
- A transcript is not accompanied by a Transcript Request Form or is accompanied by the incorrect form.
- A transcript is not addressed specifically to "AAPI Online."
- A school you attended is missing from the Other Colleges Attended section. We cannot attach a transcript to your application unless the school is listed.
- An incorrect school name is listed in the Both Colleges Attended section. We cannot attach a transcript to your application until it is corrected.
- The name on a transcript cannot be found in the AAPI Online database, either because your name changed, was misspelled on the transcript, was misspelled on the application, or you have not yet created a AAPI Online account.
The following scenarios can cause transcripts to be rejected and should be avoided whenever possible:
- A transcript is unofficial, marked as student-issued, or is addressed to someone other than AAPI Online.
- A transcript is missing pages or was severely damaged in the mail.
- A document received by AAPI Online is not a transcript.
- An incorrect transcript was received; this can occur when another student at your school has the same or similar name and you did not provide enough information to the registrar when you requested your transcript. Be sure to provide your schools with as much information as possible so they can properly identify your records.