- Provide fair and equitable treatment throughout the application process.
- Provide quality customer service. AHCAS’s professional staff will maintain ongoing and responsive communications with programs and applicants, including training sessions and webcasts for new participating programs each year.
- Ensure customer confidentiality and data integrity by maintaining a reliable and secure internet service and program of quality assurance.
Responsibilities of AHCAS Programs
In educating caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable health care providers, allied health programs should conduct themselves and their admissions processes in a professional manner that promotes the ideals of the profession and the mission of each program. Programs will partner with AHCAS in maintaining an admissions process that is fair, inclusive, and equitable.
AHCAS Programs Will:
- Establish and publish accurate admission requirements and deadlines. Each program will make such information easily accessible to potential applicants by maintaining a program website, which can be linked to AHCAS. Programs will adhere to their own established and published admissions policies and procedures.
- Optimize efficiencies and maintain good communication. Each allied health program should designate an individual to serve as the primary point of contact to AHCAS, who will receive, and should respond to all AHCAS-related requests.
- Maintain ongoing communications with applicants. Programs should encourage applicants to monitor their application status and complete their applications promptly.
- Maintain the confidentiality of applicant information and materials during all aspects of the application and interview process.
- Conduct a fair, reasonable, and timely admissions process. Procedures should be established to regularly update applicants as to their status.