Creating a Critical Incident Report Using APTA Clinical Performance Instruments
A Critical Incident Report is completed by the CI on the student to indicate a specific incident that occurred during the clinical experience. A Critical Incident Report must be submitted as part of the Midterm or Final and associated with a criterion.
To create a Critical Incident Report:
- Navigate to the Evals tab and click the applicable Edit link.
- Click Edit Now on the appropriate criterion, then click Critical Incident.
- Without reflecting any biases, use the Behavior, Antecedent, Consequence, and Comments text boxes to clearly and concisely record the details of the incident.
- Once you are finished recording the incident, click Submit Critical Incident.
- When a Critical Incident report is properly submitted, a You have successfully filed a Critical Incident Report prompt appears. If this text doesn't appear, click Submit Critical Incident again.
Once submitted, a Critical Incident Report notification is emailed to the SCCE, ACCE, and student.
To view or add additional comments to any completed Critical Incident Reports, navigate to the Critical Incidents tab.