Saving occurs automatically in APTA Clinical Performance Instruments as you click away or tab to the next section on an evaluation. For example, when you click in a text box and enter your comments for a criterion, then click the rating scale, the comments section that was just completed is automatically saved. Saving is indicated by a green checkmark that appears next to the item that was saved. When you select or change a rating, the information gets automatically saved. This simplifies and streamlines the saving process.
Note: If you see a red X instead of a green checkmark when you are editing a comment box, rating, or section sign-off, this indicates that the item you were working on failed to save. This can be caused by a firewall/network IT policy that periodically runs a task on the network, and disables some website functionality from working correctly, including the auto-save feature. To work around this:
- Copy and paste any comments associated with the criteria into a document outside of APTA Clinical Performance Instruments.
- Make note of any ratings and where they were located so that you can re-enter them correctly.
- Log out of APTA Clinical Performance Instruments by clicking Log Out in the upper right corner of the page.
- Close all your internet browsers.
- Reopen your browser and log back in to APTA Clinical Performance Instruments.
- Return to the edit portion of your evaluation.
- Paste the comments from your document into the evaluation. A green checkmark for each criterion now appears.
When all sections have been completed, along with the Section Sign-offs, sign off as follows:
Click one of the Sign Off buttons, scroll to the bottom of the page, select the checkbox associated with the signature, then click Save. Once you sign off, you cannot edit the APTA Clinical Performance Instruments.