Bringing Data into APTA Clinical Performance Instruments
Manually Adding a New Site
Data can be entered into APTA Clinical Performance Instruments manually or via file import. To manually add a new site:
- Click the Sites tab, then click New Site.
- Enter the zip code for the site you want to add and click Submit. This searches the global site database in APTA Clinical Performance Instruments to determine if the site is listed by that zip code.
- If a Did You Mean to Add... confirmation window appears, select the applicable checkbox and click Yes, I meant this. That site is added to your database, along with any clinicians associated with it.
- If the site is not in the database, click Search again and try searching based on a partial site name (e.g., if you are looking to add Apple Physical Therapy – Seattle, search for "Apple").
- If the site is still not appearing in the database, click Create to add a new site.
- The site name and zip code must be entered, although the full address is also helpful.
- When finished, click Update.
Adding a New SCCE/CI
Whenever there is a new CI, whether a recent graduate or a seasoned therapist, the school needs to create a CI record for them in APTA Clinical Performance Instruments. If a recent graduate mentions they completed the training as a student, contact the Client Support Specialist team with the student's name and email address to have the training verified. New CIs that are seasoned therapists can verify their training completion on their own.
Creating a New SCCE/CI Account
- Navigate to the SCCE/CI tab and click New Clinical Staff.
- Enter the username (email address) for the new SCCE/CI. If a confirmation window appears, select Yes to add the person and site to your database. The site will only be added if it is not currently in your database.
- If the SCCE or CI is not in the database, select No, please continue to complete their information.
- The clinician's username must be an email address.
- Make sure Yes is selected in the Active User? area.
- The Last Name, First Name, and Clinical Site/Role must be entered. After selecting the Clinical Site/Role, click Add Site.
- If the SCCE or CI belongs to multiple sites, repeat the steps to add more Clinical Sites/Roles.
- When finished, click Update.
After the site is added and the CI record is created, you can assign them to evaluate your student in the Eval Setup tab.
Converting a Student Account to an SCCE/CI Account
- Navigate to the Student tab and search the student's name.
- Click the student's name to open their account and click Add CI Role.
- Enter the site name and appropriate role from the drop-down and click Add Site.
- When finished, click Create.
After the site is added and the CI record is created, you may assign them to evaluate your student in the Eval Setup tab.
Note: a student account can only be converted into a CI account if all evaluations as a student are Complete. If any evaluation is pending with the Sign Off/Review Sign Off status, the account cannot be converted and a new account will need to be made for the CI.
Importing Data into APTA Clinical Performance Instruments
When a large number of sites, SCCEs, CIs, and students need to be entered into APTA Clinical Performance Instruments, you can use the import feature to do this quickly. To aid in this process, download the applicable import templates and follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Imports tab and click New Import.
- Select your file, and choose the type.
- Click the Browse button and select the CSV file you wish to export from your computer.
- Select the appropriate Import Type (Site, SCCE/CI, Students) from the drop-down.
- Note: you must import the Sites prior to importing the SCCEs/CIs. Students can be imported in any order.
- Click Upload File, Continue to Step 2.
- Name your import. The default name is comprised of the import type, current date, and the number of rows of your import. You can use this default name or create a different name.
- Click Set Name, Continue to Step 3.
- Using the drop-downs, match the data in your file (highlighted in yellow) to fields in APTA Clinical Performance Instruments. Some field matchings are required for import types; you can easily identify these fields in the drop-downs because they have Req'd included in the field name. If the data highlighted in yellow is a header row (i.e., site name, address line, etc.) in your file, select Do not import first row (it’s just a header).
- Click Save Column Matching, Continue to Step 4.
- Verify that everything looks accurate. If so, click Verify, Continue to Step 5.
- Click Run Import.
- Your import will begin to run. To check its status, click the Imports tab.
Note: when viewing your list of imports, an icon in the Errors column indicates some rows were flagged. Click the icon to view a list of the rows that were flagged along with the reason for each flag.