What is Analytics by Liaison?
Analytics by Liaison provides data-driven insights to help you spot trends and shape your class. It gives your school a secure and robust way to explore multi-year applicant and application data using visual representations and dashboards, making it a complete solution for admission offices looking to optimize their efforts for growing or shaping their classes.
Click here for information on accessing Analytics by Liaison.
Why does Analytics matter?
Your applicant data tells the story of your enrollment process. Data, however, in raw numbers, is often difficult to communicate and digest. With many campus stakeholders in line to consume this information, having a vehicle that delivers it visually and is customized to your campus needs is paramount. Here’s how Analytics can help you communicate with the following stakeholders:
- Presidents, Provosts, and Deans: Analytics provides high-level enrollment and trend data in a visual format, making it easily consumable for an audience that has many demands on time.
- Institutional Research: you can more nimbly and more easily extract yearly and year-over-year data to satisfy state and national survey requests, assist with analysis of outcomes data for annual reports, and contribute data to institutional longitudinal studies.
- Accreditation/Self Study Office: you can use Analytics to compile data required for regional and programmatic accreditation requirements, and identify trends to determine if accreditation standards are being met.
- Faculty: Analytics gives you an enhanced ability to provide a granular overview of how applicants have changed or remained the same over time and can assist with evaluating whether holistic admissions processes are working. Additionally, Analytics can provide information needed to apply for or retain grants.
- Admissions and Enrollment Management: Analytics allows you to use actionable data to make decisions and not be mired to data requests.
What are some key benefits of Analytics?
- Interactive dashboards enable you to quickly assess your applicant metrics on a single page, including applicant volume, year-over-year changes, key cycle dates, test score distributions, and applicant demographics.
- Use built-in filters to segment and explore your applicant population by gender, race and ethnicity, application year, citizenship, and more. Or simply click on the visualizations directly for a more dynamic, interactive filtering experience.
- Define custom cohorts to measure your performance against peers, or use predefined cohorts.
- Export summary or full data in a variety of formats including CSV and crosstab. Export specific data based on custom selections. Save visualizations as images or PDFs that can be easily embedded in presentations.
- Onboard new users quickly and securely using invitations. Delegate administrators in your organization to manage the entire user lifecycle for all of your users.
Where does the data come from?
As applicants apply to your program(s), the data that they enter in the Centralized Application Service (CAS) application is collected and fed into Analytics, where it’s aggregated and visualized for you. In Analytics, data becomes useful information that you can use to manage strategic initiatives and to share with some of the key stakeholders noted above.
How does Analytics compare to WebAdMIT?
It's important to note that Analytics by Liaison and WebAdMIT are two different systems with two distinct purposes. WebAdMIT is used to manage your application process, communicate with applicants, and move them through your workflow, while Analytics is used for data analysis and reporting. WebAdMIT stores applicant data and allows you to make admissions decisions, while Analytics compiles that data and helps you make sense of it so you can answer strategic questions.