The ArchCAS application cycle opens on July 26, 2017, and closes on July 1, 2018.
In some instances, the individual program's deadline may differ from the application's cycle dates. You can view a program's deadline in two ways:
- From the Add Program tab.
- Review the information under the Deadline column.
- From the Program Materials section.
- Your selected programs appear here; click each program's name to view the associated details, including the deadline.
ArchCAS charges $90 for the first program you apply to and $45 for each additional program.
Some programs may have an additional supplemental fee; contact your programs to learn if they require this and how to pay it.
Fee Assistance Program
Beginning at the start of the cycle, a limited number of fee waivers are provided to qualified applicants on a first-come, first-served basis. Each fee waiver covers only the initial application fee, so if you wish to apply to additional programs, you are responsible for the remaining balance. If you received a fee waiver during a previous cycle, you may still apply for another in the next cycle.
You may request a fee waiver as soon as you create an application, but keep in mind that fee waiver funds can be quickly depleted. Contact customer service at 857-304-2082 before you submit a fee waiver request to determine if waivers are still available.
To qualify for a fee waiver, you must have either:
- Filed a 2016 Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ with an adjusted gross income that falls below the Low Income Level listed below, or
- Been listed as a dependent on a filed 2016 Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ with an adjusted gross income that falls below the Low Income Level listed below. If you were claimed as a dependent by a parent or guardian on their 2016 Federal Income Tax Return, ArchCAS requires you to use that individual's Federal Income Tax Return instead of your own.
Additionally, you must request a fee waiver before you submit your application. Requests received after an application has been submitted will not be honored.
If you are approved for a fee waiver, you are required to submit your application within 7 days (including holidays and weekends). Extensions will not be granted; failure to submit your application on time will void your fee waiver and you will not be allowed to reapply for a waiver.
Low Income Levels for Academic Year 2017-2018 Awards*
If applicable, use the following chart to help you determine if you come from an economically disadvantaged background.
|Size of Family**||Income Level***|
|For each additional person add:||$8,360|
* The low income level is based on 200 percent of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services poverty guidelines. It is used to determine what constitutes a low-income family for the purposes of the SDS and LDS programs for the Academic Year 2017-2018.
** Size of family means the number of exemptions listed on the qualified income tax return forms. For example, a family size of 4 may include two parents and two dependents.
*** Income Level refers to the adjusted gross income stated on the 2016 filed federal income tax return 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ.
Applying for a Fee Waiver
Determine when to apply for your waiver.
Keep in mind that fee waivers are limited and only valid for 7 days (including holidays and weekends) from the time you are approved. Be ready to submit your application if you are approved.
Start your application.
You must have an account to apply for a fee waiver. Fee assistance applications are not accepted by mail or email.
Complete and submit your fee assistance application.
Once you submit your fee waiver request, It can take up to 10 business days to process. The status of your request will be sent to both your e-mail address and your application inbox.
While your fee waiver request is pending, you are unable to submit your application. To submit your application and forfeit your waiver request, return to the Fee Assistance Program section and click Cancel Request. Once you submit your application, you are ineligible to apply for another fee waiver.
Submit your application and pay any remaining balance.
If you are approved, the waiver amount of $95 will be automatically deducted from your total fees, and you are responsible for any remaining balance. Contact customer service immediately if you do not see the waiver amount deducted.
Remember to submit your application within 7 days of your approval (including holidays and weekends). Outstanding transcripts, references, and/or test scores do not have to be received within this timeframe.