Skip to main content

Colleges Attended


  • Report all institutions attended regardless of their relevance to the programs you are applying to. Report all institutions attended, including but not limited to:
    • courses taken in high school for college or university credit
    • summer courses
    • community college courses
    • US military academies (note that this does not include courses on SMART or JST transcripts)
    • post-baccalaureate, graduate, and doctoral work
    • study abroad, Canadian, and foreign work, etc.
  • Include only primary institutions; do not include secondary institutions. For example, if you attended a primary institution that accepted transfer credits from a secondary institution, do not list the secondary institution.
  • Report each institution only once, regardless of the number of degrees earned or gaps in the dates of attendance.
  • Submit unofficial transcripts for each institution you enter in this section.

Adding a College or University

  1. Click Add a College or University.
  2. Type and select your college or university. It may take several tries to find your school, especially if it shares its name with others or could be spelled differently. For example, if you attended "Saint John's University," you may need to try "Saint John," "St. John," or "St John" (no period) to bring the school up on the list. If you exhausted all options and it does not appear, select Can't find your school?
  3. Select if you obtained (or plan to obtain) a degree from the selected institution.
    • If you earned or plan to earn a degree, provide details about the earned or expected degree.
    • If you have a double major, select the checkbox to enter your second major. Note that you can only enter one minor.
    • Click Add another Degree to add additional degrees for this same college or university.
  4. Select your college's or university's term system. You can usually find this on the back of your official transcripts, or you can contact your college's registrar.
    • Term system refers to the type of hours your credits are worth, not the length of the term or how many terms a year your college or university offered.
    • If your transcript lists some courses as quarter and others as semester, enter the term type that is most common (i.e., if you have six quarter terms and two semester terms, enter quarter).
  5. Select if you are still attending your institution. Enter dates of the first and last (if applicable) terms you attended. Be sure to only enter each college or university you attended once, regardless of gaps in your attendance there.
  6. Click Save to complete the entry.

Uploading Transcripts

Once you enter a college or university, upload any associated transcripts using the Upload Transcript button. If you are offered admission and then accept that offer, you are required to provide official transcripts directly to BU College of Engineering. Your official transcripts will then be verified against the transcripts you uploaded to your application. Any falsified transcripts provided through the application upload is a violation of Boston University’s Certification and Authentication statement.

If you do not have a transcript to upload, contact Applicant Support

Transcripts from Foreign Colleges 

International transcripts should be issued from the college or university, be translated into English (if applicable), and carry the appropriate university logos or seal(s). You may also upload a PDF copy of a Course-by-Course Evaluation. US-based companies that provide Course-by-Course Evaluations include Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) and World Education Services (WES). Note that you are not obligated to use these services if:

  • Your unofficial transcript is in English and is issued by your foreign college or university, or
  • You have a certified translation of a non-English transcript issued by your foreign college or university.
  • Was this article helpful?