You can apply to any available programs (for which you qualify) at any time prior to that program’s deadline, even if you already submitted your application to one or more programs. For example, if you already submitted your application to Program A but now want to apply to Program B before its deadline, you can add Program B to your application. However, you cannot add a program if it is sufficiently similar to another program already selected for a given term and year (you'll know a program is sufficiently similar when it is grayed out). To add the preferred program, first remove the competing program.
- Click Add Program at the top of the application home page.
- Use the filters to locate the programs you are interested in applying to.
- Click the plus sign next to a program to add it to your program list. You must select at least one program to continue completing the application. If you want to remove a program and only have one selected, you need to add the second program before you can remove the first one.
- Continue adding programs as desired.
- Begin filling out the application. Before submitting, be sure to review your program list to make sure you are applying to all your intended programs.
Note that by submitting your application, you are committing to applying to your selected programs. You cannot remove submitted programs after submission. Application fees are non-refundable and typically cannot be substituted or transferred; contact your program with any questions or concerns about your submitted application.
You can remove a program(s) at any time prior to submitting the application. Once an application has been submitted for a program, you can't remove this designation. To withdraw yourself from consideration for admission to a program, contact the program directly. Note, however, that BU Graduate Medical Sciences does not offer applicant refunds for any reason.
Important note: if you remove a program, all information you have entered in the Program Materials section of the application will be lost and cannot be retrieved or transferred. Information in the Personal Information, Academic History, and Supporting Information sections will be retained for any programs to which you choose to submit.