You can view a program's deadline by logging in to your application and navigating to:
- The Add Program tab.
- Review the information under the Deadline column.
- The Program Materials section.
- Your selected programs appear here; click each program's name to view the associated details, including the deadline.
BU Graduate School of Arts and Sciences charges a processing fee (i.e., application fee) of $95 for each program you apply to.
Fee waivers are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Determine when to apply for your waiver.
Fee waivers are valid for 365 days (including holidays and weekends) from the time you are approved, but cannot be used after an application's deadline. Be ready to submit your application (or close to ready) if you are approved.
Complete and submit a fee waiver request.
Review the fee waiver instructions. Submit this application directly to your BU Graduate School of Arts and Sciences program.
Once you submit your fee waiver request, it can take several business days to process. The status of your request will be sent to both your email address and your application inbox.
Important Note: do not submit your application until you receive your approval notification. Submitting your application prior to notification will result in your fee waiver being nullified.
Submit your application and pay any remaining balance.
Once you are approved for a fee waiver, all fees are automatically deducted from the total fees shown on the Submit Application tab and you have 365 days (including weekends and holidays) to submit your application. If you do not submit your application within this timeframe:
Note that BU Graduate School of Arts and Sciences does not need to receive any outstanding letters of recommendation or test scores within the allotted 365 days. To claim your fee waiver, you only need to submit your application, and you must submit to all programs to which you intend to apply (when submitting your application, you'll process a payment of $0). Standard application fees apply for additional future submissions.
Some programs provide coupons that offset application fees. If you received a coupon code from your program, use the information below to apply it to your payment.
Note that you cannot redeem a program’s coupon code after you submit your application to them. Additionally, if you miss a program deadline due to waiting for a coupon code, you must request a deadline extension from BU Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
Using a Coupon Code
You can apply your coupon code(s) when you are ready to submit your application.
- Click the Submit Application tab at the top of the application.
- Click Submit, or to submit to more than one program, click Submit All.
- On the payment page, enter the coupon code(s) you received from the program(s) under Apply Coupon.
- Click the Apply Coupon button.
- Complete the rest of the payment details pages.
Note the following:
- When a coupon code equals the total transaction amount, you don’t need to enter additional payment information.
- When a coupon code is less than the total transaction amount, you'll need to enter payment information for the additional balance.
- When a coupon code is more than the total transaction amount, you don’t need to enter additional payment information. However, you'll forfeit the remaining balance offered by the coupon code, as BU Graduate School of Arts and Sciences will not issue credits or carry remaining balances forward.
- Coupon codes cannot be applied to chargeback fees.
If you used a coupon code when submitting to a program, the code will be listed under Payment History.