- Enter any colleges and universities at which you were enrolled in a degree program.
- Send transcripts for all the colleges and universities you list. We accept official and unofficial transcripts for review by the admissions committee. Be sure to include transcripts that contain study abroad and/or transfer credits.
- BU Questrom School of Business does not require you to list any colleges and universities you attended where you earned less than twelve credits; however, we will carefully consider any information you provide.
- If you studied outside of the United States and earned twelve or more credits toward the completion of a degree program, upload a copy of each of your certified translations (if the transcripts are not in English) to the Supporting Information section of the application using the Documents tab.
Adding a College or University
- Click Add a College or University.
- Type and select your college or university. It may take several tries to find your school, especially if it shares its name with others or could be spelled differently. For example, if you attended "Saint John's University," you may need to try "Saint John," "St. John," or "St John" (no period) to bring the school up on the list. If you exhausted all options and it does not appear, select Can't find your school?
- If you select Unlisted French Speaking Canadian Institution or Other Foreign Institution, select the school's country from the drop-down.
- Select if you obtained (or plan to obtain) a degree from the selected institution.
- If you earned or plan to earn a degree, provide details about the earned or expected degree.
- If you have a double major, select the checkbox to enter your second major. Note that you can only enter one minor.
- Click Add another Degree to add additional degrees for this same college or university.
- Select your college's or university's term system. You can usually find this on the back of your official transcripts, or you can contact your college's registrar.
- Term system refers to the type of hours your credits are worth, not the length of the term or how many terms a year your college or university offered.
- If your transcript lists some courses as quarter and others as semester, enter the term type that is most common (i.e., if you have six quarter terms and two semester terms, enter quarter).
- Select if you are still attending your institution. Enter dates of the first and last (if applicable) terms you attended. Be sure to only enter each college or university you attended once, regardless of gaps in your attendance there.
- Click Save to complete the entry.
Once you enter a college or university, upload any associated transcripts using the Upload Transcript button. If you are offered admission and then accept that offer, you are required to provide official transcripts directly to BU Questrom School of Business. Your official transcripts will then be verified against the transcripts you uploaded to your application. Any falsified transcripts provided through the application upload is a violation of Boston University’s Certification and Authentication statement.
If you do not have a transcript to upload, submit your application and request that your official transcript be sent to:
BU Questrom School of Business
Graduate Admissions Office
595 Commonwealth Avenue, Suite 115
Boston, MA 02215
Transcripts from International Institutions
International transcripts should be official as issued from the college or university, be translated into English (if applicable), and carry the appropriate university seal(s).