- Report all institutions attended regardless of their relevance to the programs you are applying to. Report all institutions attended, including but not limited to:
- courses taken in high school for college or university credit
- summer courses
- community college courses
- US military academies (note that this does not include courses on SMART or JST transcripts)
- post-baccalaureate, graduate, and doctoral work
- study abroad, Canadian, and foreign work, etc.
- List all institutions on your application even if the coursework completed there was transferred to another institution.
- Report each institution only once, regardless of the number of degrees earned or gaps in the dates of attendance.
Adding a College or University
- Click Add a College or University.
- Type and select your college or university. It may take several tries to find your school, especially if it shares its name with others or could be spelled differently. For example, if you attended "Saint John's University," you may need to try "Saint John," "St. John," or "St John" (no period) to bring the school up on the list. If you exhausted all options and it does not appear, select Can't find your school?
- Select if you obtained (or plan to obtain) a degree from the selected institution.
- If you earned or plan to earn a degree, provide details about the earned or expected degree.
- Click Add another Degree to add additional degrees for this same college or university.
- Select your college's or university's term system. You can usually find this on the back of your official transcripts, or you can contact your college's registrar.
- Term system refers to the type of hours your credits are worth, not the length of the term or how many terms a year your college or university offered.
- If your transcript lists some courses as quarter and others as semester, enter the term type that is most common (i.e., if you have six quarter terms and two semester terms, enter quarter).
- Select if you are still attending your institution. Enter dates of the first and last (if applicable) terms you attended. Be sure to only enter each college or university you attended once, regardless of gaps in your attendance there.
- Click Save to complete the entry.
Once you enter a college or university, upload any associated transcripts using the Upload Transcript button. If you are offered admission and then accept that offer, you are required to provide official transcripts directly to BU Sargent College. Your official transcripts will then be verified against the transcripts you uploaded to your application. Any falsified transcripts provided through the application upload is a violation of Boston University’s Certification and Authentication statement.
If you do not have a transcript to upload, submit your application and request that your official transcript be sent electronically to BU Sargent College (email@example.com) or by mail to:
Boston University: Sargent College
ATTN: Academic Services Center (Rm. 207)
635 Commonwealth Ave. Boston, MA 02215
Transcripts from Foreign Colleges
Applicants receiving a degree from a college or university located outside of the United States must also submit directly to BU Sargent College a formal course-by-course evaluation of all non-US transcripts from a third-party verification organization, such as World Education Services (WES).