You can only apply to one BU School of Social Work program at a time. Please be sure to check that you are selecting the correct campus before beginning your application. The full-time MSW and PhD programs are offered only on our main campus in Boston (Charles River). The part-time MSW program is offered on our Charles River campus, online, and at three satellite locations throughout Massachusetts (Bedford, Cape Cod, and Fall River).
Click here to read more about our MSW program options.
- Click Add Program at the top of the application home page.
- Use the filters to locate the programs you are interested in applying to.
- Click the plus sign next to a program to add it to your program list. You must select at least one program to continue completing the application. If you want to remove a program and only have one selected, you need to add the second program before you can remove the first one.
- Continue adding programs as desired.
- Begin filling out the application. Before submitting, be sure to review your program list to make sure you are applying to all your intended programs.
Note that by submitting your application, you are committing to applying to your selected programs. You cannot remove submitted programs after submission. Application fees are non-refundable and typically cannot be substituted or transferred; contact your program with any questions or concerns about your submitted application.
You can remove a program(s) at any time prior to submitting the application. Once an application has been submitted for a program, you can't remove this designation. To withdraw yourself from consideration for admission to a program, contact the program directly. Note, however, that BU School of Social Work does not offer applicant refunds for any reason.
Important note: if you remove a program, all information you have entered in the Program Materials section of the application will be lost and cannot be retrieved or transferred. Information in the Personal Information, Academic History, and Supporting Information sections will be retained for any programs to which you choose to submit.