This section allows you to highlight any employment, internship, leadership, or research activities. When entering experiences, use your best judgment; review the options below, consider the duties you performed, and choose the experience type that you think best fits the experience.
Paid work outside of a research lab; for example, a retail or restaurant job.
Paid or unpaid internship programs, such as summer programs.
Experiences in which you held a leadership role within an organization, such as the president of a club, fraternity/sorority, etc.
Any experience working on a research project, preferably in addition to or outside of regular classroom work. This may include student research positions, research technician positions, summer research student, master’s rotational student, etc.
Enter Your Experience
- Click Add an Experience.
- Select the appropriate experience type from the drop-down.
- Enter information about the organization where the experience took place.
- Enter information about your supervisor at the organization. This is a person that schools can contact to verify that this experience occurred. If the experience was a student-organized group and there was no advisor, list a staff member in the Student Affairs/Activities Office who can verify your experience. If you don't have a supervisor contact name, enter the name of a person who can verify your participation, including yourself.
- Enter the date or date range in which the experience took place. Note that your experiences will not display on your application in any specific order, regardless of the dates entered.
- Enter additional details about the experience, including the title of the experience and the time commitments. If this experience has no explicit title, choose a title that you feel best describes the experience. Enter the average weekly number of hours that you completed (or expect to complete) for this experience during the date range that you indicated.
- Select Yes or No to indicate a release authorization to allow your selected programs to contact the organization.
- Click Save & Continue.