Skip to main content

Foreign and French-Canadian Transcripts


This topic pertains to applicants who attended foreign and French-Canadian schools. These instructions do not apply to applicants who attended a foreign school as part of a study abroad program. See Study Abroad and Overseas US Transcripts for more information on reporting your study abroad experience.

For each foreign institution entered, click Upload under Colleges Attended and upload any associated transcripts.

Canadian Schools

English-Canadian Transcripts

Canadian schools that provide English transcripts are not considered foreign. We do not accept foreign transcripts from Canadian schools that provide transcripts in English. If your program requires you to submit official transcripts, submit these transcripts to BioMedCAS. If your program requires you to submit unofficial transcripts or no transcripts, see Colleges Attended for more information. Please see the US and English-Canadian Transcripts section for information on reporting that coursework.

French-Canadian Transcripts

Canadian schools that issue transcripts in French are considered foreign and must be reported like any other foreign school. We cannot accept original Canadian transcripts which are written in French. Foreign transcripts can be uploaded under Colleges Attended.

Caribbean Medical Schools

All Caribbean medical schools are considered foreign institutions and are not US accredited, even if they have offices in the US or allow US licensing. Do not send transcripts from these schools to BioMedCAS, as they will be discarded. Foreign transcripts can be uploaded under Colleges Attended.

Documenting Foreign Coursework

If you attended a foreign school or earned your degree outside of the United States, BioMedCAS does not require any documentation

Do not send foreign transcripts to BioMedCAS, including those printed in English or translated into English; they will be discarded. Foreign transcripts can be uploaded under Colleges Attended.

You can also request foreign evaluations from World Education Services (WES), Inc. directly through the application.

  1. Click Order after listing your foreign school in the Colleges Attended section and follow the prompts. Make sure to select BioMedCAS from the drop-down on WES's page.

    WES 5.png

    Once WES completes your evaluation, they will send it to BioMedCAS electronically. Note that BioMedCAS does not accept paper WES evaluations sent via mail.
  2. Click I Ordered My Evaluation once you requested an electronic WES evaluation. Or, click I Will Do This Later to return to Colleges Attended.
  • Was this article helpful?