In accordance with the ideals and principles of the anesthesiologist assistant profession, applicants are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that demonstrates responsibility, integrity, veracity and good judgment. Schools and colleges of anesthesiologist assistants seek to admit applicants who possess a high level of professionalism and professional potential.
Applicants will demonstrate responsibility by taking ownership of all aspects related to the application process. Applicants will follow these guidelines:
- Review the application procedures and admissions prerequisites of each designated anesthesiologist assistant program for which he/she plans to apply.
- Use the CASAA Transcript ID Form to arrange for all official U.S. and Canadian transcripts to be sent to CASAA by the application deadline of the program.
- Provide all required information on the CASAA application accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide all required information on the supplemental applications (if required) accurately and in a timely manner.
- Abide by all selected CASAA school-specific deadlines.
- Arrange for CASAA to receive a course-by-course Transcript Evaluation Report for all international institutions attended, if required by the applicant’s designated anesthesiologist assistant programs.
- Provide the names and email addresses of your evaluators and notify them they will be contacted by email for their letter and Evaluation Request Form.
- Respond immediately to all notices and questions received from CASAA and from each program which you apply (applicants are responsible for checking their personal email, including any junk mail folders, and CASAA accounts for these important notices and questions).
- Print a copy of the completed CASAA application upon submission for your own records.
- Agree to submit the correct CASAA application fee.
- Pay any additional program supplemental fees that may be required.
- Check application status online by logging in to the CASAA application.
- Promptly notify all designated programs of any change in contact information.
- Contact the program directly regarding questions about admissions decisions, school-specific admissions criteria, or other program-specific information.
- Respond promptly to all programs, either to accept or decline interview invitations and offers of admission.
- Respond promptly to all offers of admission. Once an applicant has accepted an offer, it is the applicant’s obligation to immediately notify and withdraw any outstanding applications or to decline offers of admission from other programs of anesthesiologist assistants.
- Log off the CASAA application after the completion of entry to protect against unauthorized access of application information submitted to CASAA.
All programs of anesthesiologist assistants subscribe to the ethics and moral code that characterize professionalism and assert that academic honesty is fundamental to the intellectual enterprise. Professional conduct and integrity, including academic honesty, is the expectation of all students and applicants. When a student applies for admission, the student agrees to these principles.
By submitting the CASAA application, you affirm that all the information contained in your application is factually correct and honestly presented. It is understood and agreed that any information an applicant provides that is dishonest or misrepresents the applicant will be shared with all schools and colleges that participate in CASAA. It is further understood that an applicant who misrepresents him/herself or otherwise acts unethically or dishonestly may be denied admission to all CASAA participating schools and colleges of anesthesiologist assistants for the current and future application cycles.
All credential data, including the application, letters of evaluation, transcripts in support of the application, photographs and personal statements become property of CASAA and cannot be returned.