In this section, you must review and respond to the following release statements in order to submit your application. Once you submit your application, your responses cannot be edited. Please review these instructions and the content of the statements carefully. It is your responsibility to read and understand these statements before responding to them. If you have any questions regarding these statements, contact customer service at 617-612-2080 for clarification before making your selections.
CASPA Applicant User Agreement and Release
This statement serves as a contractual agreement between you and CASPA. You must agree to these terms in order to submit your application.
- I will act with honesty and integrity throughout the admissions process and in all interactions with PAEA, CASPA Customer Service and PA programs participating in CASPA.
- I am required to maintain the confidentiality of my password and understand that I may not share the password with any person. I agree that I will not allow any person to access my CASPA account. Neither PAEA, Liaison nor the PA programs to which I may apply are liable for any unauthorized use of my CASPA account caused by the loss, disclosure or theft of my account ID or password.
- I authorize PAEA to release my name, email address, street address and telephone number to PA programs designated by me BEFORE the submission of my application. This allows designated PA programs to send me information about their admissions processes prior to the submission of my application.
- CASPA requires me and others invited and authorized by me, including but not limited to colleges, universities, education programs, professors, pre-health professions advisors, and other persons ("Authorized Information Providers”) to enter and provide detailed information about me, including but not limited to, personal, academic, professional, disciplinary history, character, financial, test scores, recommendations, evaluations and other types of information (CASPA Information), all in order to facilitate the collection, compilation and sharing of information that may be relevant to designated PA programs in making decisions about my application for admission and related matters.
- I am exclusively responsible for the accuracy, completeness and contents of all CASPA Information that I and Authorized Information Providers enter into CASPA.
- I certify that all written passages within my CASPA application, including but not limited to, personal statements, essays, and descriptions of work and education activities and events, are my own work, and have not been written, in whole or part, by any other person.
- If I request that an Authorized Information Provider submit a recommendation, evaluation, or any other information in CASPA, PA programs designated by me will receive information about me from such Authorized Information Providers.
- By using CASPA, I am waiving any right I may have to review CASPA Information entered by each Authorized Information Provider, including but not limited to recommendations and evaluations submitted by them about me. I agree that I will not attempt through any means to obtain CASPA Information submitted by Authorized Information Providers, or attempt to influence or alter any information submitted by an Authorized Information Provider.
- PAEA may use deidentified (i.e., not containing personally identifiable information) application data I submit to CASPA and admissions decisions my designated PA programs submit to CASPA for educational research and statistical reports. The purpose of such research and reporting is to improve PA education and admissions and all results are reported in aggregate only. Deidentified, aggregated application data may include, but are not limited to, summaries of applicant demographics, application and matriculation rates, and average GPAs
- PAEA is authorized to release all application information submitted in CASPA to the PA programs that I designate.
- I will monitor the progress of each application I submit to a PA program by regularly checking my email and the "Check Status" and "Notifications" sections of the application within CAPSA. I understand that I am responsible and accountable for my actions and will respond to all matters related to my application.
- PAEA may investigate discrepancies in information submitted in CASPA, any information provided to PAEA that indicates that an individual may have potentially committed fraud in the process of seeking admission to a CASPA-participating PA program or potentially violated any of the terms, conditions or policies that apply to the use of CASPA. All such investigations will be conducted according to the PAEA CASPA Policy Regarding Investigations and Violations and may result in the issuance of a Report to Legitimately Interested Parties.
- PAEA reserves the right to audit my application for any purposes in addition to verification of the coursework that is listed in my application and may take any steps reasonably required to verify the authenticity of any information or documents submitted in relation to my application in CASPA.
- I am responsible for knowing and understanding the admission requirements of all PA programs to which I apply. Submitting an application to a PA program for which I do not meet all requirements will not constitute grounds for a refund of the application fee.
- Within five (5) calendar days of enrollment at a PA program to which I have been admitted, I must notify all other designated programs for which my application is still under consideration that I no longer wish to be considered for admission to their program.
- I will notify the PA programs to which I have applied within ten (10) business days if I am convicted of or plead guilty or no contest to a misdemeanor or felony criminal offense. PA programs may consider new information submitted regarding my updated criminal history, and in appropriate circumstances, reserve the right to change the status of an applicant or student. All decisions regarding actions in relation to an applicant’s criminal history are within the discretion of each PA program.
- PAEA and participating PA programs assume no responsibility for delays in processing application materials caused by the applicant’s failure to follow instructions or circumstances beyond PAEA’s or the participating PA programs' control. It is the applicant's responsibility to review their application portal on a regular basis and report any problems, unexpected delays or discrepancies to CASPA Customer Service immediately.
Selecting Yes for this release allows CASPA to release certain information to pre-health advisors at schools you previously attended. This information includes some application information, including your GPA, the names of the physician assistant programs to which you applied, and which program, if any, you matriculate into. They will not see documentation such as transcripts or letters of evaluation.
If you select No, CASPA will not release your information to advisors. We encourage you to authorize this release, as it is useful to advisors assisting you and other future applicants; however, it will not affect the consideration given to your application.