This section pulls in information you entered when you created your account. Verify that what appears here is correct; click the Profile Section link to make changes.
If you are sending any documentation or test scores where your name is listed differently than it appears on your application, select Yes in this section and enter the alternate information. This ensures that your documents are matched to your application; failure to do so could cause significant delays.
Examples of alternate names include:
- Maiden names
- Nicknames (e.g. "Bob" for Robert, "Beth" for Elizabeth, etc.)
- "Westernized" names
- Alternate punctuation (e.g. your name appears with/without a hyphen or apostrophe)
- Alternate spacing (e.g. your name appears with or without specific spaces)
- Known misspellings (if a document contains a misspelling)
If you commonly use a preferred first or middle name that differs from your legal name, select Yes in this section and enter the preferred information.
Select the appropriate option. Then, select responses to the subsequent questions regarding sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
Your responses are for informational purposes only. No information provided will be used in a discriminatory manner or affect your application for admission. The CSU collects this voluntary demographic information regarding the sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression of students (California Education Code section 66027, AB 620). Please note that following:
- Providing this information is optional and not required to move forward or complete the CSU application for admission.
- Your responses are kept private and secure. Limited campus staff will have access to this information.
- This data will not be used for discriminatory purposes.
- This information is used to provide services to all our student populations.
- This information is used for summary demographic reporting in which no individual applicant's identity will be revealed. In compliance the the California Education Code, this summary information will be made available on CSU and campus websites and to the California Legislature.
Enter your date of birth in the MM/DD/YYYY format. For example, January 7, 1989 would be listed as 01/07/1989. Then, enter your country, city, state/territory, and county of birth.
Applicant Information (Undergraduate Only)
This section only applies to undergraduate applicants. Your responses to questions in this section help CSU provide services to students. All questions are optional.