This section pulls in information you entered when you created your account. Confirm that what appears here is correct; click the My Profile link to make changes.
If you are sending any documentation or test scores in which your name is listed differently than it appears on your application, select Yes in this section and enter the alternate information. This ensures that your documents and test scores are matched to your application. Contact customer service so they can manually match these items to your application; failure to do so could cause significant delays.
Examples of alternate names include:
- Birth names (if different from current legal name)
- Maiden names
- Nicknames (e.g., "Bob" for Robert, "Beth" for Elizabeth, etc.)
- "Westernized" names
- Alternate punctuation (e.g., your name appears with/without a hyphen or apostrophe)
- Alternate spacing (e.g., your name appears with or without specific spaces)
- Known misspellings (if a document contains a misspelling)
If you commonly use a preferred first or middle name that differs from your legal name, select Yes in this section and enter the preferred information.
Select the appropriate option to your legal sex.
Select responses to subsequent questions regarding sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
Your responses are for informational purposes only. No information provided will be used in a discriminatory manner or affect your application for admission. The CSU collects this voluntary demographic information regarding the sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression of students (California Education Code section 66027, AB 620). Please note the following:
- Providing this information is optional and not required to move forward or complete the Cal State Apply application for admission.
- Your responses are kept private and secure. Limited campus staff will have access to this information.
- This data will not be used for discriminatory purposes.
- This information is used to provide services to all our student populations.
- This information is used for summary demographic reporting in which no individual applicant's identity will be revealed. In compliance with the California Education Code, this summary information will be made available on CSU and campus websites and to the California Legislature.
Enter your date of birth in MM/DD/YYYY format. For example, January 7, 1989, would be listed as 01/07/1989. Make sure you enter your date of birth correctly; failure to do so could cause significant delays with matching documentation and test scores.
Then, enter your country, city, state/territory/province, and county of birth.
Note: to ensure applicants are entering consistent data for some questions, this application uses pre-populated answer options that are maintained by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). For example, country answer options are derived from ISO 3166, which is the international standard for country codes and codes for their subdivisions.
In some cases, incorrect entry of your date of birth could directly impact your eligibility for financial aid.
Provide answers for these additional, optional questions.
Statewide Student ID (Undergraduate Only)
This section only applies to undergraduate applicants in the 2020-2021 cycle. If applicable, enter your Statewide Student ID (SSID), a unique 10-digit number assigned to you if you attended a public California K-12 school. The number is located on your California high school transcript. If you did not attend a public high school in California, leave this section blank. Do not enter your Social Security Number in this field.