Redirection is offered to the following applicant types who were not admitted to any campus that they applied to due to an impacted program or campus, and who are California residents for tuition purposes:
- First-time freshman
- Upper-division transfer
- Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) applicants who are California residents for tuition purposes
Redirection allows eligible applicants to be redirected to a CSU campus that has the capacity to accept additional applicants. To learn more about redirection and the available campuses, visit this Redirection page. Redirection is available:
- Fall Redirect: early April through mid-May
- Winter/Spring Redirect: early November through mid-December
If you have been offered redirection, follow the steps below to select your first and second choice alternate campuses. If you do not make a selection, you will be redirected at random.
- Under Fall Redirection or Winter/Spring Redirection, select Yes for redirecting your application to an alternate campus.
- Select your first alternate campus from the drop-down.
- Select your second alternate campus from the drop-down.
- Click Save & Continue.
Once you save your response, you cannot edit or remove your selections.