Cal State Apply Early Giveaway offered by Liaison International
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
- SWEEPSTAKES: The Cal State Apply Early Giveaway offered by Liaison International (“Sweepstakes”) consists of a sweepstakes offering three (3) grand prize $5,000 scholarships.
- A scholarship to be used by a higher education student enrolled at a CSU campus at the time of the award will be distributed to the student’s university account at the CSU campus where s/he is enrolled to be used for qualified educational expenses. The scholarships may be used personally or donated to a CSU campus.
- Any applicable state or federal taxes will be deducted from the award. Funds may be used for qualified educational expenses (tuition, fees, books and supplies, housing, and transportation) at a CSU campus for the Fall 2018 term.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes applicants interested in applying for a program of study at a CSU campus for the Fall 2018 term. Employees, contractors, and officers of Liaison International and The California State University System and members of their immediate family (e.g., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, stepparents, stepchildren and stepsiblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or to win the Grand Prizes (as defined).
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on or about October 1, 2017, at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on November 20, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. PT (the “Entry Period”). All Entries submitted or received past the expiration of the Entry Period will not be accepted and will be invalid. Receipt of Entries will not be confirmed.
- HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the Sweepstakes by:
- Completing and submitting an application to an offered program on Cal State Apply for the Fall 2018 start term at https://calstate.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login
- Sending a 3x5 postcard with your legal name, mailing address, email, telephone number and reason why you want to attend college at a CSU campus and whether you have applied for the Fall 2018 start term to: Liaison International, Attn: Cal State Apply Early Giveaway offered by Liaison International, 311 Arsenal St, Watertown MA 02472; postmarked by November 15, 2017.
- Only one (1) Entry per person may be submitted during the Entry Period, regardless of the number of email addresses a person may have. Any Entries in excess of one (1) per person and per email address will be disqualified. All Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PT on November 20, 2017, in order to be eligible. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
i.Entries that are not complete or are corrupted are void and will not be eligible. Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules (“Rules”) as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion may be disqualified as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion.
ii.Any attempt to circumvent the Rules and/or to obtain more than one (1) Entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, aliases, and registrations or any other methods may result in the complete disqualification of all Entries by such individual as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion. Automated means of entry and Entries by any means which subvert the entry process are prohibited, and all such Entries will be void.
iii.In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account of the e-mail address used to submit the Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any potential winner of the Sweepstakes.
- AGREEMENT TO RULES: By submitting an Entry and participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, including the eligibility requirements set forth above, and to accept the decisions of Sponsor and/or Administrator as final and binding as they relate to the Sweepstakes.
- WINNER SELECTION: The winner of the Sweepstakes (“Winner”) will be determined in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period, to be conducted by Administrator on or about January 31, 2018 (“Drawing Date”).
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. The estimated odds are 1:105,000.
- The potential Winner will be notified on or about the Drawing Date, and if the potential Winner does not respond within forty-eight (48) hours, another potential Winner will be selected.
- To be certified as the Winner and claim one of the three Grand Prizes, Sponsor will require the potential Winner to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and where imposing such condition is legal, a Publicity Release form and any applicable forms required by tax authorities which may require a social security number (collectively, the “Prize Forms”) and to return the Prize Forms to Administrator within three (3) days of the date of notification. At Sponsor’s discretion, the Winner may be required to produce a picture or some other form of proper identification to claim the Grand Prize. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in a potential Winner's email account to receive email messages. Prize notifications that are returned as undeliverable will disqualify a potential Winner.
- If a potential Winner declines or turns down the Grand Prize for any reason, cannot be contacted, fails to timely claim the Grand Prize in accordance with the provisions set forth above, is disqualified, or fails to timely execute and return the Prize Forms within the time frame specified above, an alternate Winner will be selected in a random draw from all remaining eligible Entries. Sponsor may attempt to contact up to three (3) potential Winners under such circumstances, and if the any of the prizes remain unclaimed after such attempts have been made, the Prizes may go unawarded. Should a greater number of prize claims be received because of printing, emailing, phoning, messaging, or programming errors or for any reason whatsoever, only the Grand Prize and the value stated in these Rules will be awarded in the Administrator’s sole discretion.
- PUBLICITY / MARKETING: Acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use the Winner’s name, voice, statement, image, likeness, and biographical information for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
- RELEASE: By entering the Sweepstakes, you, on your own behalf, and on behalf of your heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors, and assigns (“Releasing Parties”), agree to indemnify, release, and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective parent, affiliated, and subsidiary entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, managers, agents, employees, contractors, and representatives (“Released Parties”) from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, debts, dues, sums of money, accounts, reckonings, covenants, contracts, controversies, agreements, promises, trespasses, lost profits, indirect or direct damages, consequential damages, incidental damages, punitive or exemplary damages, including for injury and death, judgments, claims, and demands whatsoever, in law, admiralty, or equity, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, against the Released Parties which any one or more of the Releasing Parties ever had, now have, or hereafter can, shall, or may have, whether known or unknown, asserted or non-asserted, which may in any way arise out of or relate to (i) your participation or non-participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) your acceptance of the Grand Prize; (iii) any use or misuse of any element of the Grand Prize, including accommodations provided by independent suppliers; and/or (iv) your attendance at and/or participation in any Event or other element or activity included in the Grand Prize. You, on your own behalf and on behalf of your fellow Releasing Parties, further acknowledge and agree that the Sweepstakes Entities have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the Grand Prize or any element thereof, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
- DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties shall not be responsible for (i) any typographical or other error in the advertising, promotion, and/or administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the Grand Prize; (ii) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible, corrupted, or incomplete Entries or prize notification(s); (iii) errors, omissions, interruptions, defects, failures, malfunctions, and/or delays in any computer, television, network, server, satellite, telecommunications, internet service provider, and/or website operations or transmission; (iv) any other hardware, software, and/or technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; (v) inaccurate or incorrect capture and/or transmission of information and/or or the failure to receive, capture, or transmit information, whether on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, mobile networks, the entry webpage for the Sweepstakes (“Entry Page”), or at any website or any combination of the foregoing; (vi) the hacking, destruction, or unauthorized access to or alterations of the Entry Page and/or website for the Program; (vii) any injury or damage to your computer or any other person’s computer or network related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes; and/or (viii) the failure of any third party to comply with the instructions and proper administration of this Sweepstakes.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS:
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to (i) cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes; and/or (ii) disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes and/or the Entry Page or violates these Rules. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void Entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- In the event that Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein and/or producing the Program or any related Events by any circumstance beyond its control, including, but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, or order of any court or other cause not within their control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend, or terminate the Sweepstakes and/or alter, substitute, postpone, and/or exclude any Event or other element of the Grand Prize, as it may determine in its sole discretion without liability or obligation to Winner or any entrant.
- If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the end of the Entry Period, Sponsor will (if possible) select the Winner in a random drawing, according to the procedures and time limitations set forth above, from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be your sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
- Sweepstakes void where prohibited, licensed, restricted, or taxed. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. If any provision of the Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law, and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Sweepstakes in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Sweepstakes in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Sweepstakes any and/or all Entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Sweepstakes entrants. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- GOVERNING LAW / JURISDICTION: This Sweepstakes shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions that may require the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Any action or litigation concerning this Sweepstakes shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in County of Los Angeles, California, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. You agree to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of California. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OFPOCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, MULTIPLIED, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
- WINNERS LIST: For any legally required winner’s list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Liaison International, Attn: Cal State Apply Early Giveaway offered by Liaison International, 311 Arsenal St, 5th Floor, Watertown, MA 02472 by January 10, 2018. Any winner’s list request that is received will be sent out after February 10, 2018.
- SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Liaison International, 311 Arsenal St, MA 02472, USA. The Administrator of the Sweepstakes is Liaison International, 311 Arsenal St, MA 02472, USA