Before Selecting a Program
- Check the program's deadline requirements by visiting Dates and Deadlines.
- Confirm your eligibility. Research the program's requirements and/or prerequisites and determine if you are eligible to apply. Contact the program directly if you have any questions regarding your eligibility. It is your responsibility to ensure you are eligible. Be sure to review details about impacted campuses.
Selecting a Program
- Click Add Program at the top of the application home page. Note that not all campuses will have programs available for all applicant types. If you believe the program should be available but is not, first check that you have completed your Extended Profile correctly.
- Use the filters to locate the programs you are interested in applying to.
- Click the plus sign next to a program to add it to your program list. You must select at least one program to continue completing the application. If you want to remove a program and only have one selected, you need to add the second program before you can remove the first one.
- Continue adding programs as desired.
- Begin filling out the application. Before submitting, be sure to review your program list to make sure you are applying to all your intended programs.
Note that by submitting your application, you are committing to applying to your selected programs. You cannot substitute or remove submitted programs after submissions. Additionally, we do not offer refunds for selections made in error and we do not transfer payments to another program.
After submission, you can continue to add and apply to programs until the final deadline date.
You can use filters to locate the programs you are interested in applying to. The available filters include:
- Available, Past, and Future Programs
- Campus (e.g., Chico State, Maritime Academy)
- Start Term (e.g., Fall, Spring, Winter)
- Delivery (e.g., Face to Face, Hybrid, Online)
- Source (e.g., Campus, Extended Education)
Programs that meet the filter criteria appear in a list. Information about the programs is displayed, including:
- Program Name (e.g., Accounting)
- Degree Type (e.g., BA - Bachelor of Arts). This is the type of degree you will earn once the program has been completed.
- Start Term (e.g., Fall). This is the start term of the program.
- Academic Year (e.g., 2024). This is the start year of the program.
- Location (e.g., Main Campus)
- Campus Name (e.g., CSU Bakersfield)
- Deadline (e.g., 01/01/2024). This is the final date you can submit your application for admissions consideration. You can submit your application up until 11:59 PM PT on the deadline date.
After you select programs, review the program's Home page in Program Materials for additional information.
Some programs provide invitation codes, which are deadline extensions offered to individual applicants. If you received an invitation code from a program, use the information below to apply to a program whose deadline has already passed.
You can apply your invitation code(s) when you select a program (steps below) or are ready to submit your application (review the Submitting and Completing Your Cal State Apply Application section). Note that you must use the invitation code before the expiration date (i.e., new deadline date).
Selecting a Program
- Click the Add Program tab at the top of the application.
- Click the Enter Invitation Code link in the top right of the program list.
- Enter the invitation code you received from the program.
- Select the closed program.