Before you submit your application, be aware of the following:
- You cannot make any changes once you submit your application.
- Review and confirm the campus(es), program(s), and application terms to ensure accuracy.
- Do not wait until the last minute. You can submit your application up until 11:59 PM PT on the deadline date; however, ensure you allow for time to complete the required payment section. You must click Submit and complete the final payment information before the deadline in order to guarantee your submission is accepted. Additionally, be aware that during our busiest times you may experience page loading delays, and these may occur outside of customer service's hours of operation. We cannot grant deadline extensions if you miss your deadline; contact your programs directly for more information.
Application Fee Waivers
Check the Cal State Apply Fee Waivers section before submitting to see if you qualify for the available fee waivers.
If you are eligible for an application fee waiver, you will see a Check My Fee Waivers link on the Submit Application page. Click Check My Fee Waivers for more information.
Some programs provide invitation codes, which are deadline extensions offered to individual applicants. If you received an invitation code from a program, use the information below to apply to a program whose deadline has already passed.
You can apply your invitation code(s) when you select a program (review the Selecting Cal State Apply Programs section) or are ready to submit your application (steps below). Note that you must use the invitation code before the expiration date (i.e., new deadline date).
Submitting to a Program
- Click the Submit Application tab at the top of the application.
- Click the Enter Invitation Code link for the closed program.
- Enter the invitation code you received from the program.
- Click Submit. To submit to multiple programs, click Submit All.
Application Summary Page
This section only applies to undergraduate applicants for the 2021-2022 cycle.
Once you click Submit, you will be brought to your Application Summary Page. The Application Summary Page summarizes the essential academic areas of your application. Be sure to thoroughly review this section before submission.
Submitting Your Payment
When you are ready to submit your application, go to the Submit Application tab and click Submit. Do not submit any payments before submitting your application. Payments can only be made in the application via PayPal, pre-paid credit or debit card, or standard debit or credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. Credit card payments cannot be made over the phone.
If you choose to pay via PayPal, once you complete the transaction on PayPal, you must return to your Cal State Apply application and click Submit. Note that you can add money to your PayPal account at select retail locations. Visit the PayPal website for locations and information.
Once you submit your application and payment, click View Payment History for each program on the Submit Application page to confirm your payment's receipt.
You'll receive a confirmation email acknowledging that your application was submitted. Note that submitting does not mean your application is being reviewed by your programs. Be sure to monitor your status on the Check Status page.
You can view your payment details on the Submit Application page, under each program you applied to.
Completing Your Cal State Apply Application
In general, an application is complete when:
- All required recommendations have been completed and submitted to Cal State Apply.
- Your application fee payment was submitted and marked as received.
- You submitted your application and received an email confirming it was successfully submitted.
Note that your selected programs may have specific requirements for completion (i.e., supplemental applications, official transcripts, document uploads, etc.). We recommend contacting your programs directly to ensure you are meeting all requirements. Failure to submit all required materials may jeopardize your eligibility for admission consideration. Review each program's homepage to ensure you are meeting all requirements.