Manually Adding a New Site
Data can be entered into CPI Web manually or via file import. To manually add a new site:
- Click the Sites tab, then click New Site.
- Enter the ZIP code for the site you want to add and click Submit. This searches the global site database in CPI Web to determine if the site is listed by that ZIP code.
- If a "Did You Mean to Add..." confirmation window appears, select the applicable checkbox and click Yes, I meant this. That site is added to your database, along with any clinicians that are associated with that site.
- If the site is not in the database, click Search again and try searching based on a partial site name (e.g., If you are looking to add Apple Physical Therapy – Seattle, search for ‘Apple’).
- If the site is still not appearing in the database, click Create to add a new site.
- The site name and ZIP code must be entered, although the full address is also helpful.
- When finished, click Update.
Manually Adding a New CCCE/CI
Whenever there is a new CI, whether a recent graduate or a seasoned therapist, the school needs to create a CI record for them in CPI Web. If a recent graduate mentions they completed the training as a student, contact CPI Web Support with the student's name and email address to have the training verified. Note that the same email address cannot be used for their student account and their CI account. New CIs that are seasoned therapists can verify their training completion on their own.
To manually add a new CCCE/CI:
- Navigate to the CCCE/CI tab and click New Clinical Staff.
- Enter the Username (email address) for the new CCCE/CI. If a confirmation window appears, select "Yes" to add the person and site to your database. The site will only be added if it is not currently in your database.
- If the CCCE or CI is not in the database, select No, please continue to complete their information.
- The clinician's Username must be an email address.
- Make sure Yes is selected in the Active User? area.
- The Last Name, First Name and Clinical Site/Role must be entered. After selecting the Clinical Site/Role, click Add Site.
- If the CCCE or CI belongs to multiple sites, repeat the steps to add more Clinical Sites/Roles.
- When finished, click Update.
After the site is added and the CI record is created, you may to assign them to evaluate your student in the Eval Setup tab.
Importing Data Into CPI Web
When a large amount of sites, CCCEs, CIs, and students need to be entered into CPI Web, you can use the import feature to do this quickly. To use the import feature:
- Navigate to the Imports tab and click New Import.
- Select your file, and choose the type.
- Click the Browse button and select the CSV file you wish to export from your computer.
- Select the appropriate Import Type (Site, CCCE/CI, Students) from the drop-down.
- Note: You must import the Sites prior to importing the CCCEs/CIs. Students can be imported in any order.
- Click Upload File, Continue to Step 2.
- Name your import. The default name is comprised of the import type, current date, and the number of rows of your import. You can use this default name or create a different name.
- Click Set Name, Continue to Step 3.
- Match the columns in your file to fields in APTA CPI Web. Select the "Do Not Import" drop-down for each column and match it to the import column name in yellow. The items in the drop-down that display “Req’d” as part of the name indicate that the item is required for the import type selected. If the items in yellow are part of the header row of your original import file, ensure the “Do not import first row (it’s just a header)” option is selected.
- Click Save Column Matching, Continue to Step 4.
- Verify that everything looks accurate. If so, click Verify, Continue to Step 5.
- Click Run Import.
- Your import will begin to run. To check its status, click the Imports tab.
Note: When viewing your list of imports, an icon in the “Errors” column indicates some rows were flagged. Click the icon to view a list of the rows that were flagged along with the reason for each flag.