Saving occurs automatically in CPI Web as you click away or tab to the next section on an evaluation. For example, when you click in a text box and enter your comments for a criterion, then click on the rating scale, the comments section that was just completed is automatically saved. Saving is indicated by a green checkmark that appears next to the item that was saved. When you select or change a rating, the information gets automatically saved. This simplifies and streamlines the saving process.
Note: If you see a red X instead of a green checkmark when you are editing a comment box, rating, or section sign-off, this indicates that the item(s) you were working on failed to save. This can be caused by a firewall/network IT policy that periodically runs a task on the network, and disables some website functionality from working correctly, including the auto-save feature. To work around this:
- Copy and paste any comments associated with the criteria into a document outside of CPI Web.
- Make note of any ratings and where they were located so that you can re-enter them correctly.
- Log out of CPI Web by clicking Log Out in the upper right corner of the page.
- Close out of all your internet browsers.
- Reopen your browser and log back in to CPI Web.
- Return to the edit portion of your evaluation.
- Paste the comments from your document into the evaluation. A green checkmark for each criterion now appears.
When all sections have been completed, along with the Section Sign-offs, sign off as follows:
Click one of the Sign Off buttons, scroll to the bottom of the page, select the checkbox associated with the signature, then click Save. Once you sign-off, you cannot edit the CPI.