This portal is designed to allow applicants who are currently completing an application for the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Service (DICAS) to request a digital letter of reference. If multiple applicants use your email address to request a reference, this portal allows you to manage these applicants through a single account.
For more information, please refer to our instructional video.
The My Profile page appears when you log in for the first time. Verify that the information is correct, make any necessary changes, and click Save to move to the next step. You will not be able to submit your references unless this page is saved.
This page displays all applicants that have requested a reference, categorized by their reference statuses: New Requests, Incomplete Requests, and Submitted Requests.
- New: new applicants that have submitted a request for a letter of reference.
- Incomplete: requests that have been partially filled out by you, but not yet submitted.
- Submitted: applicants whose letters have been completed and submitted by you.
Denying a Reference
If you choose to deny a request, click the Deny button for the applicant. Once you deny a reference for an applicant, he/she will receive an email alert and the corresponding request will be removed from your list of references.
Completing a Reference
- Click the applicant's name.
- Respond to all the questions in the Ratings tab. Then, click Save or Next to proceed to the Comments tab.
- Type your comments in the fields provided. Note that there is a 4,500 character limit, including spaces, carriage returns, numbers, punctuation, etc. If you are copying and pasting text from another document, be sure to paste in plain text.
- Click Save or Next to proceed to the Preview/Submit tab.
- Review the information you entered and ensure you complete any incomplete or missing sections.
- Once you are satisfied with the letter of reference, click Submit. Once you submit a reference, you cannot edit it so be sure to carefully review the reference.