This section pulls in information you entered when you created your account. Confirm that what appears here is correct; click the Profile Section link to make changes.
If you are sending any documentation or test scores where your name is listed differently than it appears on your application, select Yes in this section and enter the alternate information. This ensures that your documents and test scores are matched to your application. Contact customer service so they can manually match these items to your application; failure to do so could cause significant delays.
Examples of alternate names include:
- Birth names (if different from current legal name)
- Maiden names
- Nicknames (e.g., "Bob" for Robert, "Beth" for Elizabeth, etc.)
- "Westernized" names
- Alternate punctuation (e.g., your name appears with/without a hyphen, apostrophe, or diacritical marking)
- Alternate spacing (e.g., your name appears with or without specific spaces)
- Known misspellings (if a document contains a misspelling)
If you commonly use a preferred first or middle name that differs from your legal name, select Yes in this section and enter the preferred information.
Select the appropriate option. This information is required for reporting purposes to the US Federal government, using these values only.
If your gender identity differs from your legal sex, use this section to indicate your gender.
Indicate any pronouns you wish to be referred to by (i.e., they, them, theirs).
Enter your date of birth in MM/DD/YYYY format. For example, January 7, 1989, would be listed as 01/07/1989. Make sure you enter your date of birth correctly; failure to do so could cause significant delays with matching documentation and test scores.