- You can only use the DICAS application to apply to sites that are registered with D&D Digital and participate in the DICAS Match. Programs that do not participate in the DICAS Match handle their application process separately.
- Your DPD director must review and verify the DPD Contact Information section before you can submit your application.
Deadlines are determined by each participating program, not DICAS. For information regarding deadlines, contact the program directly or refer to the individual program designation websites.
If a program requires the submission of any materials that are not a part of the regular DICAS application (e.g., testing reports, additional personal statements, etc.), it is your responsibility to obtain this information, convert it to an electronic document, and upload/attach it to the proper application. For example, if your testing reports are required by a program, you must scan the paper copy and convert it to an electronic document. If a program requires multiple supplemental items, it is your responsibility to combine them into a single electronic document. See Adding Supplemental Materials below for more information.
See DICAS Application Fees for more information.
- Click Add New Entry.
- A new window opens. Select a state from the drop-down. Only states that have participating DICAS programs appear.
- Click the Apply checkbox for each program you want to apply to.
- Select the personal statement you want to send to this program from the drop-down.
- Click Save.
Adding Personal Statements
- Click the Add/Edit Personal Statement link under the program name in the Pending Designations list.
- A new window opens. Select the personal statement you want to send to this program from the Personal Statement drop-down.
- Click Save.
- Click the Add/Edit Reference link under the program name in the Pending Designations list.
- A new window opens. Select the letter of reference you want to send to this program.
- Click Submit.
Adding Supplemental Materials
- Click the plus sign in the Supplemental column under the program name in the Pending Designations list.
- Click Choose File.
- Select the document you want to upload.