This topic pertains to applicants who attended foreign graduate schools, including Canadian institutions that do not provide transcripts in English. These instructions DO NOT apply to applicants who attended an overseas US institution. See Overseas US Transcripts for more information.
Documenting and Submitting Foreign Coursework
Many NAFCAS sites require you to submit your foreign coursework to a US-based evaluation service for a course-by-course US equivalency report. Contact each site that you are applying to determine if foreign transcript evaluations should be sent to NAFCAS or to the site directly and if there is a preferred foreign evaluation vendor.
If you are using foreign transcript evaluation service, you should contact them as early as possible. Services can take several weeks to process your transcript(s) once received.
If your site requires you to send the foreign transcript evaluation to NAFCAS, use the following address:
P.O. Box 9142
Watertown, MA 02471
Do not send foreign transcripts directly to NAFCAS, including those printed in English or translated into English; these must be sent through an evaluation vendor or they will be discarded.
Foreign Evaluation Vendors
The following are foreign evaluation vendors our applicants have used in the past. This list is not all-inclusive and we do not recommend or endorse any particular vendor or service. Check with your sites to see if they have a preferred or required vendor that may not be on this list.
- World Education Services (WES), Inc.
- If you choose WES, you can request electronic WES evaluations directly through the application. Click WES Evaluations Request after listing your foreign school in the Colleges Attended section. Once WES completes your evaluation, they will send it to NAFCAS electronically.
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
- International Education Research Foundation, Inc.
- Educational Perspectives