This topic pertains to applicants who attended foreign and French-Canadian schools. These instructions do not apply to applicants who attended a foreign school as part of a study abroad program. See Study Abroad and Overseas US Transcripts for more information on reporting your study abroad experience.
Canadian schools that provide English transcripts are not considered foreign. We do not accept foreign evaluations from Canadian schools that provide transcripts in English. Transcripts from these schools must be sent to NDCAS even if your program does not accept them. Please see the US and English-Canadian Transcripts section for information on reporting that coursework.
Canadian schools that issue transcripts in French are considered foreign and must be reported like any other foreign school. We cannot accept original Canadian transcripts which are written in French. However, foreign evaluations for these schools should be sent to NDCAS.
Caribbean Medical Schools
All Caribbean medical schools are considered foreign institutions and are not US accredited, even if they have offices in the US or allow US licensing. Do not send transcripts from these schools to NDCAS, as they will be discarded. Determine whether your programs require foreign evaluations (which may be sent to NDCAS), or if they will accept original Caribbean transcripts mailed directly to the program.
Documenting Foreign Coursework
If you attended a foreign school or earned your degree outside of the United States, most NDCAS programs require you to submit your foreign coursework to a US-based evaluation service for a course-by-course US equivalency report. This report should then be sent directly to NDCAS from the evaluation service.
Contact a foreign transcript evaluation service as early as possible. See below for more information about vendors and accepted formats. Services can take several weeks to process your transcript(s) once received.
Do not send foreign transcripts to NDCAS, including those printed in English or translated into English; they will be discarded.
Foreign Evaluation Vendors
The following are foreign evaluation vendors our applicants have used in the past. This list is not all-inclusive and we do not recommend or endorse any particular vendor or service. Check with your programs to see if they have a preferred or required vendor that may not be on this list.
- World Education Services (WES), Inc.
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
- International Education Research Foundation, Inc.
- Educational Perspectives
- Click Order after listing your foreign school in the Colleges Attended section.
- Select if you are ordering an electronic WES evaluation or submitting a WES or other vendor's foreign evaluation via mail.
- If ordering an electronic WES evaluation, select WES and follow the prompts. Make sure to select NDCAS from the drop-down on WES's page. Once WES completes your evaluation, they will send it to NDCAS electronically.
- If submitting a WES or other vendor's foreign evaluation via mail, click Download Transcript ID Form and print the form. If you send foreign evaluations by mail, use the following address:
NDCAS Transcript Processing Center
PO Box 9123
Watertown, MA 02471
International applicants can also send foreign evaluations to the following street address:
NDCAS Transcript Processing Center
c/o Liaison International
311 Arsenal Street
Watertown, MA 02472
We are not responsible for any materials lost in the mail. Express or certified mail does not guarantee faster processing or receipt.
- Click I Ordered My Evaluation once you requested an electronic evaluation or downloaded the Transcript ID form. Or, click I Will Do This Later to return to Colleges Attended.