All applicants will be required to agree to the NursingCAS Applicant Responsibilities in order to submit an application through NursingCAS.
In accordance with the ideals and principles of the Nursing profession, applicants to schools and colleges of NursingCAS are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that demonstrates responsibility, integrity, veracity and good judgment. Schools and colleges of NursingCAS seek to admit applicants who possess a high level of professionalism and professional potential.
Applicants will demonstrate responsibility by taking ownership of all aspects related to the application process. Applicants will follow these guidelines:
- Review the application procedures and admissions prerequisites of each designated nursing program for which he/she plans to apply.
- Attach the NursingCAS Transcript Request Form to all official U.S. and Canadian transcripts and have the respective Registrar’s Office’s send the Transcripts and Forms to NursingCAS by the application deadline of the school or college.
- Provide all required information on the NursingCAS application accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide all required information on the supplemental applications (if required) accurately and in a timely manner.
- Abide by all selected NursingCAS school specific deadlines.
- Arrange for NursingCAS to receive a course-by-course Transcript Evaluation Report for all international institutions attended, if required by the applicant’s designated nursing schools and colleges.
- Provide the names and email addresses of your Evaluators, notify them they will be contacted by email for their letter and Evaluation Request Form and make sure the Evaluations are completed by the deadline or within a suggested time frame from the school or college.
- Respond immediately to all notices and questions received from NursingCAS and each school and college to which they apply (applicants are responsible for checking their personal email, including any junk mail folders, and NursingCAS accounts for these important notices and questions).
- Print a copy of the completed NursingCAS application upon submission for personal records.
- Agree to submit the correct NursingCAS application fee.
- Promptly respond to any criminal background check correspondence and pay fee as required (if applicable)
- Pay any additional school and college supplemental fees that may be required.
- Check application status online by logging on to the NursingCAS web application.
- Promptly notify NursingCAS of any change in contact information.
- Promptly notify all designated schools and colleges of Nursing of any change in contact information.
- Contact schools and colleges of Nursing directly regarding questions about admissions decisions, school-specific admissions criteria or other program-specific information.
- Respond promptly to schools and colleges, either to accept or decline interview invitations and offers of admission.
- Respond promptly to all offers of admission. Once an applicant has accepted an offer, it is the applicant’s obligation to immediately notify and withdraw any outstanding applications or to decline offers of admission from other schools and colleges of Nursing.
- Log off the NursingCAS web application after the completion of each entry to protect against unauthorized access of application information submitted to NursingCAS.
All schools and colleges of NursingCAS subscribe to the ethics and moral code that characterize professionalism and assert that academic honesty is fundamental to the intellectual enterprise. Professional conduct and integrity, including academic honesty, is the expectation of all students and applicants. When a student applies for admission, the student agrees to these principles.
By submitting the NursingCAS application, you affirm that all the information contained in your application is factually correct and honestly presented. It is understood and agreed that any information an applicant provides that is dishonest or misrepresents the applicant will be shared with all schools and colleges of Nursing. It is further understood that an applicant who misrepresents him/herself or otherwise acts unethically or dishonestly may be denied admission to all NursingCAS participating schools and colleges of Nursing for the current and future application cycles.
All credential data, including the application form, letters of recommendation, transcripts in support of the application, photographs and personal statements become property of NursingCAS and cannot be returned, even if the documents are not acceptable and will not be posted to the application.