You are responsible for properly completing your application and sending your supporting documentation and fees to OPCAS on time and regularly checking the status of your application by logging onto your OPCAS web application. OPCAS applicants to orthotics and prosthetics programs agree to abide by certain rules and requirements.
OPCAS applicants will:
- Be responsible for learning the application procedures and admission prerequisites of each designated orthotics or prosthetics program.
- Arrange for official transcripts from all regionally-accredited U.S. post-secondary institutions attended to arrive at the OPCAS office by the a school’s application deadline.
- Use the OPCAS Transcript Request Form to arrange for all official U.S. transcripts to be sent to OPCAS.
- Provide ALL required information on the OPCAS application accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide ALL required information on any supplemental applications, if required by the designated orthotics or prosthetics programs, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Abide by the OPCAS program application deadlines.
- Arrange for OPCAS to receive a course-by-course Foreign Transcript Evaluation Report for all international (including Canadian) institutions attended, if required by the applicant’s designated orthotics or prosthetics programs.
- Respond immediately to ALL notices and questions received from OPCAS and each program to which they apply. Applicants are responsible for checking their personal email and OPCAS accounts for these important notices and questions.
- Print a copy of the completed OPCAS application before submitting.
- Agree to submit the correct OPCAS application fee and any additional school supplemental fees that may be required on time.
- Arrange for up to 5 letters of evaluation to be sent to OPCAS.
- Respond promptly to programs, either to accept or to decline interview invitations and offers of admission.
- Provide ALL required information on the supplemental application, if required by the orthotics or prosthetics program, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Check application status online by logging onto the OPCAS web application.
- Promptly notify OPCAS of any change in contact information before the close of the application cycle.
- Promptly notify all designated orthotics or prosthetics programs of any change in contact information after the close of the application cycle.
- Contact orthotics or prosthetics programs directly regarding questions about admission decisions, school-specific admissions criteria, and other program-specific information.
- Log off the OPCAS web application after the completion of each entry or review session to protect against unauthorized access of application information submitted to OPCAS.