OHSU charges a processing fee of $70 for each program you apply to.
Fee Assistance Program
Graduate Studies approves application fee waivers for economically disadvantaged applicants who request a waiver by contacting email@example.com before submitting their application.
Fee waivers are also approved for applicants who participating in the following (or similar) programs:
- Murdock Undergraduate Collaborative Research Program
- McNair Scholars Program
- Meyerhoff Scholars Program
- NIH Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP)
- OHSU Summer Equity Program
- Annual Biomedical Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos & Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- American Indian Science and Engineering (AISES)
Waiver requests from applicants (and/or programs on an applicant's behalf) with extenuating circumstances will also be reviewed.
Applicants or programs must email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a fee waiver request before submitting the OHSU application. Include the applicant's name, CAS ID number, and reason. Graduate Studies reviews requests and informs the applicant and/or program of the decision. Once waivers are applied to an applicant's account, the applicant has 30 days to submit the application before the waiver expires. Trailing documents like transcripts and letters of recommendation are still accepted after this 30 day deadline, but the application must be submitted and completed in order for the waiver to apply.
Only one fee waiver is available per applicant.
Some programs provide coupons that offset application fees. If you received a coupon code from your program, use the information below to apply it to your payment.
Note that coupon codes cannot be redeemed after an application has been submitted. Additionally, if you miss a program deadline due to waiting for a coupon code, you must request a deadline extension from your program, not OHSU.
Using a Coupon Code
You can apply your coupon code(s) when you are ready to submit your application.
- Click the Submit Application tab at the top of the application.
- Click Submit, or to submit to more than one program, click Submit All.
- On the payment page, enter the coupon code(s) you received from the program(s) under Apply Coupon.
- Click the Apply Coupon button.
- Complete the rest of the payment details pages.
Note the following:
- When a coupon code equals the total transaction amount, you don’t need to enter additional payment information.
- When a coupon code is less than the total transaction amount, you'll need to enter payment information for the additional balance.
- When a coupon code is more than the total transaction amount, you don’t need to enter additional payment information. However, you'll forfeit the remaining balance offered by the coupon code, as OHSU will not issue credits or carry remaining balances forward.
- Coupon codes cannot be applied to chargeback fees.
If you used a coupon code(s) when submitting to a program(s), the code(s) will be listed under Payment History.