OHSU charges a processing fee of $70 for each program you apply to.
If you're applying to any OHSU School of Medicine graduate program and are economically disadvantaged, have extenuating circumstances, or participated in a qualifying program (see list below), you're eligible to request an application fee waiver. Graduate Studies provides a limited number of application fee waivers each academic year and these waivers are granted based on funding availability and are not guaranteed. Please note that fee waiver requests should be submitted at least five (5) business days before your program’s application deadline. You must request a waiver by contacting email@example.com before submitting your application. The Graduate Studies office will review all application fee waiver requests and notify you if you're granted a waiver.
- Murdock Undergraduate Collaborative Research Program
- McNair Scholars Program
- Meyerhoff Scholars Program
- NIH Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP)
- OHSU Summer Equity Program
- Annual Biomedical Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos & Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- American Indian Science and Engineering (AISES)
- OCTRI T32 Trainee
- OCTRI K12 Scholar
- Current School of Medicine Grad Students or MD students enrolled in eligible SoM programs
- Similar conferences or specific program activities
To submit a fee waiver request, you or your program must contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least five (5) days before you submit your application and include your name, CAS ID, and reason for eligibility. Graduate Studies will review requests and contact you with a decision. If you're approved for a waiver, Graduate Studies will send you a coupon code that you'll enter when you submit your application. Note that you can be granted only one fee waiver.
Using a Coupon Code
You can apply your coupon code(s) when you are ready to submit your application.
- Click the Submit Application tab at the top of the application.
- Click Submit, or to submit to more than one program, click Submit All.
- On the payment page, enter the coupon code(s) you received from the program(s) under Apply Coupon.
- Click the Apply Coupon button.
- Complete the rest of the payment details pages.
Note the following:
- When a coupon code equals the total transaction amount, you don’t need to enter additional payment information.
- When a coupon code is less than the total transaction amount, you'll need to enter payment information for the additional balance.
If you used a coupon code when submitting to a program, the code will be listed under Payment History.