OHSU charges a processing fee of $70 for each program you apply to.
Application fees can be waived for economically disadvantaged applicants who request a coupon code by contacting email@example.com before submitting their application.
Coupon code requests are also approved for applicants who participate in the following (or similar) programs:
- Murdock Undergraduate Collaborative Research Program
- McNair Scholars Program
- Meyerhoff Scholars Program
- NIH Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP)
- OHSU Summer Equity Program
- Annual Biomedical Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos & Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- American Indian Science and Engineering (AISES)
Requests from applicants (and/or programs on an applicant's behalf) with extenuating circumstances will also be reviewed.
Applicants or programs must email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a coupon code request before submitting the OHSU application. Include the applicant's name, CAS ID number, and reason. Graduate Studies reviews requests and informs the applicant and/or program of the decision. If approved, the applicant is sent a coupon code, which they use to submit the application without payment.
Only one coupon code is allowed per qualified applicant. You must submit your application and apply your coupon code before the program deadline.
Using a Coupon Code
You can apply your coupon code(s) when you are ready to submit your application.
- Click the Submit Application tab at the top of the application.
- Click Submit, or to submit to more than one program, click Submit All.
- On the payment page, enter the coupon code(s) you received from the program(s) under Apply Coupon.
- Click the Apply Coupon button.
- Complete the rest of the payment details pages.
Note the following:
- When a coupon code equals the total transaction amount, you don’t need to enter additional payment information.
- When a coupon code is less than the total transaction amount, you'll need to enter payment information for the additional balance.
If you used a coupon code when submitting to a program, the code will be listed under Payment History.