In this section, you can add any observation hours that you have. Note that PTCAS does not verify the information entered here. Check the Program Materials section or contact your individual programs to determine if they require official documentation of any observation hours listed here or have any minimum observation requirements.
Add Observation Hours
- Click Add Observation Hours.
- Enter information about the facility where the observation hours took place.
- Enter the date range in which the observation hours took place. Note that your observation hours will not display on your application in any specific order, regardless of the dates entered.
- Indicate if the observation hours were paid, volunteer, or both.
- Enter the total number of observation hours completed and planned/in progress for this facility. If you're currently working on observation hours, you can list planned/in progress hours in the same entry with your completed hours. Alternatively, after you submit your application, you can add new observation hour entries once your planned/in progress hours are completed.
- Indicate the diagnoses and patients you directly observed.
- Select the way you want your hours to be verified, if applicable. You can choose:
- Send my PT observation hours to my PT/PTA supervisor for verification: PTCAS will email your PT/PTA supervisor instructions for verifying your hours via Letters by Liaison. We recommend asking your PT/PTA supervisor to monitor their inbox (including spam and junk folders) for an automated email from PTCAS.
- Upload a signed form verifying my PT observation hours: upload a document that verifies your hours (typically an image of a paper hours form signed by the PT/PTA).
- I will not have my PT observation hours verified: select this option if none of your selected programs require PT hour verification or if you will not request verification for this particular experience
- Enter information about the licensed physical therapist/physical therapist assistant who supervised you and can verify your hours. If an office administrator at the facility will verify your hours in lieu of the physical therapist/physical therapist assistant, enter the name and email address of the office administrator. If you don't know the physical therapist/physical therapist assistant's PT License Number and PT License State, you can leave these fields blank.
- If applicable, click Add Document to upload your hours' documentation. Accepted document formats are PDF (.pdf), Microsoft Word (.doc), Rich Text Format (.rtf), or ASCII Text File (.txt). Uploaded documents must be less than 5MB in size.
- Click Save and Continue.
Note that once you submit your application, you cannot edit or remove observation hours; however, you can continue to add new ones, as needed.