In this section, you can add any observation hours that you have. Note that we do not verify the information entered here. Check the Program Materials section or contact your individual programs to determine if they require official documentation of any observation hours listed here.
Add Observation Hours
- Click Add Observation Hours.
- Enter information about the facility where the observation hours took place.
- Enter the date range in which the observation hours took place. Note that your observation hours will not display on your application in any specific order, regardless of the dates entered.
- Indicate if the observation hours were paid, volunteer, or both.
- Enter the total number of observation hours completed and planned/in progress for this facility.
- Indicate the diagnoses and patients you directly observed.
- Select the way you want your hours to be verified, if applicable. You can choose to:
- Send your PT observation hours to your PT supervisor for verification: PTCAS will email your PT supervisor instructions for verifying your hours via the PTCAS Portal. We recommend asking your PT supervisor to monitor their inbox (including spam and junk folders) for an automated email from PTCAS.
- Upload a signed form verifying your PT observation hours: upload a document that verifies your hours (typically an image of a paper hours form signed by the PT).
- Choose to not have your PT observation hours verified: select this option if none of your selected programs require PT hour verification or if you will not request verification for this particular experience
- Enter information about the licensed physical therapist who supervised you and can verify your hours. If an office administrator at the facility will verify your hours in lieu of the physical therapist, enter the name and email address for the office administrator. If you don't know the physical therapist's PT License Number and PT License State, you may leave these fields blank.
- If applicable, click Add Document to upload your hours' documentation. Accepted document formats are PDF (.pdf), Microsoft Word (.doc), Rich Text Format (.rtf), or ASCII Text File (.txt). Uploaded documents must be less than 5MB in size.
- Click Save and Continue.
Note that once you submit your application, you cannot edit or remove observation hours; however, you can continue to add new ones, as needed.