Official GRE Scores are submitted electronically to PTCAS directly from ETS using a special PTCAS GRE code that is different for each program and different from the school's regular GRE code. Schools can only see scores that are sent with their code. Click here for a list of program GRE codes. If your program is not on this list, contact them directly to determine how you should report your scores.
Official GRE scores from ETS can be received by PTCAS at any point during the application cycle, even after your application is submitted or verified; however, some programs may have a deadline by which they want your scores posted. Once your official GRE scores are attached to your application, they cannot be removed.
To submit your official GRE scores to PTCAS:
- Review the list of PTCAS GRE Codes here to determine your program's PTCAS code, if applicable. If you are applying to multiple programs, supply each individual code to ETS to ensure that all programs can view your scores.
- Provide the codes to ETS and request that your scores be released. Check with ETS about their turnaround and processing times.
- After ETS processing, scores are sent to PTCAS in batches and then posted to applications every 2-3 days. Only scores that you requested using PTCAS codes will post to your application. You can view scores attached to your application in the Standardized Tests section of the Check Status tab.
It is your responsibility to follow up on any missing GRE scores in a timely manner. If your scores are not posted within ETS's processing period, contact customer service and provide them with the following details:
- First and last names
- Date of birth
- GRE Registration ID Number
- CAS ID
- Test date and date scores were sent by ETS
We will use this information to determine if we have received the batch, and to locate your scores, if possible. If your scores aren't found, we will contact ETS to troubleshoot.
Note: if your name or date of birth appears differently on your GRE than it does on your PTCAS application, your scores will not automatically post to your account. This often happens with applicants with hyphens, apostrophes, etc., in their names. Wait until ETS processes the scores, then contact customer service so they can manually connect the scores to your application.