There are two different ways to submit your official GRE scores to PTCAS, depending on a program's requirements:
- Use Program PTCAS GRE codes for schools that require you to submit official GRE score reports to PTCAS via Educational Testing Services (ETS).
- Use University/Department GRE codes for schools that require you to submit official GRE score reports directly to them via ETS.
Visit the APTA site for a list of program GRE codes. If your program is not on this list, contact them directly to determine how you should report your scores.
Official GRE scores from ETS can be received by PTCAS at any point during the application cycle, even after your application is submitted or verified; however, some programs may have a deadline by which they want your scores posted. Once your official GRE scores are attached to your application, they cannot be removed.
Note that ETS provides the GRE® Fee Reduction Program for individuals who can demonstrate financial need, for those who are unemployed and receiving unemployment compensation, and for national programs that work with underrepresented groups. To learn more about this program, review the GRE® Fee Reduction Program page.
Submitting Your Official GRE Scores to PTCAS
- Review the list of PTCAS GRE codes in the APTA site to determine your program's PTCAS code, if applicable. If you are applying to multiple programs, supply each individual code to ETS to ensure that all programs can view your scores.
- Provide the codes to ETS and request that your scores be released. Check with ETS about their turnaround and processing times.
- After ETS processing, scores are sent to PTCAS in batches and then posted to applications every 2-3 business days. Only scores that you requested using PTCAS codes will post to your application. You can view scores attached to your application in the Standardized Tests section of the Check Status tab.
Missing Test Scores
It is your responsibility to follow up on any missing GRE scores in a timely manner. Before contacting PTCAS customer service, first confirm if and when ETS sent your scores to PTCAS and confirm your program's PTCAS GRE code.
If you confirmed that ETS sent your scores to PTCAS and your scores are not posted at least two weeks after your test date, then contact customer service and provide them with the following details:
- First and last names
- Date of birth
- CAS ID
- GRE Registration ID Number
- School code and name
- Test date
- Date scores were sent by ETS
We will use this information to determine if we have received the batch and to locate your scores, if possible. If your scores aren't found, we will contact ETS to troubleshoot.
Note: if your name or date of birth appears differently on your GRE than it does on your PTCAS application, your scores will not automatically post to your account. This often happens with applicants with hyphens, apostrophes, etc., in their names. Wait until ETS processes the scores, then contact customer service so they can manually connect the scores to your application.