PTCAS applicants to physical therapist programs agree to abide by certain rules and requirements.
ACAPT Admission Traffic Rules
The American Council of Academic Physical Therapy (ACAPT), a component of APTA, approved a set of admission traffic rules for physical therapist education programs and applicants. While all programs and applicants are expected to abide by these rules, APTA and PTCAS cannot comment on or enforce them. Please contact ACAPT directly with questions about these rules at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are expected to act professionally in all of their dealings with PTCAS and the physical therapist education programs. Applicants are expected to properly follow instructions and meet deadlines. Responsibility, respect, good judgment, and cooperation are qualities valued by the physical therapist profession; applicants are expected to demonstrate these qualities beginning with the application process.
Additional Applicant Responsibilities
- Act with honesty and integrity throughout the admissions process.
- Communicate professionally and promptly to PTCAS and programs.
- Be responsible and accountable for actions.
- Research the admission prerequisites for each selected program before applying.
- Create only one PTCAS application account during the admissions cycle.
- Abide by all deadlines.
- Enter accurate and comprehensive data into the application.
- Compose a personal essay without assistance from others.
- Arrange for PTCAS to receive official transcripts from every United States and English-Canadian institution attended, using the PTCAS Transcript Request Form.
- Pay the correct PTCAS application fee(s) online with a credit card.
- Arrange for materials to be sent to PTCAS or directly to the program, as required.
- Print a copy of the completed application for your records before submitting it to PTCAS.
- Frequently check status of materials and file by logging onto the application.
- Frequently check for notifications from PTCAS.
- Promptly enter any changes in contact information and notify selected programs.
- Log off the application after each session to protect against unauthorized access.