Skip to main content
Liaison International

Foreign Transcripts

This page applies to: PharmCAS

This topic pertains to applicants who attended foreign schools. These instructions do not apply to applicants who attended a foreign school as part of a study abroad program. See Study Abroad and Overseas US Transcripts for more information on reporting your study abroad experience. 

Caribbean Medical Schools

All Caribbean medical schools are considered foreign institutions and are not US accredited, even if they have offices in the US or allow US licensing. You must list any Caribbean medical school as a foreign institution. Do not send transcripts from these schools to PharmCAS, as they will be discarded. Determine whether your programs require foreign coursework evaluations (which may be sent to PharmCAS), or if they will accept original Caribbean transcripts mailed directly to the program. 

Canadian Schools

English-Canadian Transcripts

Canadian schools that provide English transcripts are not considered foreign. Transcripts from these schools must be sent to PharmCAS, even if your program does not accept them. We do not accept foreign evaluations from Canadian schools that provide transcripts in English.

French-Canadian Transcripts

Canadian schools that issue transcripts in French are considered foreign and must be reported like any other foreign school. We cannot accept original Canadian transcripts which are written in French. However, foreign evaluations for these schools should be sent to PharmCAS.

Documenting and Submitting Foreign Coursework

The majority of PharmCAS programs require you to submit your foreign coursework to a US-based evaluation service for a course-by-course US equivalency report. This report should then be sent directly to PharmCAS from the evaluation service. 

Contact a foreign transcript evaluation service as early as possible. Services can take several weeks to process your transcript(s) once received. 

Ensure that your foreign evaluation vendor sends your foreign transcript evaluations to:

P.O. Box 9109
Watertown, MA 02471

Do not send foreign transcripts directly to PharmCAS, including those printed in English or translated into English; these must be sent through an evaluation vendor or they will be discarded. 

Foreign Evaluation Vendors

PharmCAS only accepts foreign transcript evaluations from World Education Services (WES), Inc.

You can request WES evaluations directly through the application. Click Order WES Evaluation after you list your foreign school in the Colleges Attended section. Once WES completes your evaluation, they will send it to PharmCAS electronically. PharmCAS also accepts paper WES evaluations sent via mail directly from WES. 

  • Was this article helpful?