Official TOEFL Scores
Official TOEFL scores are submitted electronically to SOPHAS directly from Educational Testing Services (ETS) using TOEFL code #5688. Paper copies are not accepted.
Official TOEFL scores from ETS can be received by SOPHAS at any point during the application cycle, even after your application is submitted; however, some programs may have a deadline by which they want your scores posted. Once your official TOEFL scores are attached to your application, they cannot be removed.
Submitting Your Official TOEFL Scores to SOPHAS
- Self-report your TOEFL scores in the Standardized Tests section of the application and include your Test Registration ID. Additionally, enter your date of birth in the Biographic Information section. These must be listed for your official scores to be matched to your application.
- Provide code #5688 to ETS and request that your scores be released. Check with ETS about their turnaround and processing times.
- After ETS processing, scores are sent to SOPHAS in batches and then posted to applications weekly. Only scores that you requested using code #5688 will post to your application. You can view scores attached to your application in the Standardized Tests section of the Check Status tab.
Missing Test Scores
It is your responsibility to follow up on any missing TOEFL scores in a timely manner. Before contacting SOPHAS customer service, first confirm if and when ETS sent your scores to SOPHAS.
If you confirmed that ETS sent your scores to SOPHAS and your scores are not posted at least two weeks after your test date, contact customer service and provide them with the following details:
- First and last names
- Date of birth
- CAS ID
- TOEFL registration number
- School code and name
- Test date
- Date scores were sent by ETS
We will use this information to determine if we have received the batch and to locate your scores, if possible. If your scores aren't found, we will contact ETS to troubleshoot.
Note: if your name or date of birth appears differently on your TOEFL than it does on your SOPHAS application, your scores will not automatically post to your account. This often happens with applicants with hyphens, apostrophes, etc., in their names. Wait until ETS processes the scores, then contact customer service so they can manually connect the scores to your application.