This guide provides you with documentation, reference guides, and direct links that answer common admissions questions about the NEOMED Applicant Portal, Configuration Portal, and WebAdMIT. It also contains resources that may help you work more efficiently throughout your admissions process. If you have additional questions or need further assistance, please contact your Account Manager and Client Success Manager.
The Applicant Portal opens in early September and closes in late August.
Between early July and early August, configurations are entered in the prelaunch environment. The Account Manager, Client Success Manager, and NEOMED review submitted configurations in August.
You can view new applicants and initiate a transfer settings shortly after the new cycle opens in early September.
Program Participation Requirements
NEOMED requires all programs to designate two contacts at your institution who will receive all communication from NEOMED, including the configuration, application, and WebAdMIT launch notifications.
The first three sections of the NEOMED application (i.e., Personal Information, Academic History, and Supporting Information) compose the core application. They contain questions that are commonly asked of applicants across all participating programs, such as an applicant's biographic information, standardized test scores, and experiences. The fourth section of the application is Program Materials, which is customized by you through the Configuration Portal (discussed in the next section).
You can access the NEOMED application and NEOMED Applicant Help Center to review the applicant experience. You can also create a test application in the Applicant Portal; we recommend creating a new account and adding "test" to your name (e.g., TestJohn TestDoe).
For a general overview of the applicant experience, review the following documents:
- Applicant Processing Reference Guide: learn how applicants move through the application and Liaison processes applicant materials, such as transcripts and official test scores.
- Application Statuses Reference Guide: review what each application status means and how you can interact with applicants at different stages.
- Requirements for the NEOMED Complete application status can be found here.
- NEOMED Quick Start Guide and FAQs: a suggested timeline for completing and submitting the application and a FAQs section.
You can direct any applicant inquiries related to the application to NEOMED Customer Service.
The Configuration Portal Guide contains all information related to configuring your program in the Applicant Portal. You will need to first create your program in the prelaunch environment and have it approved by the Account Manager, Client Success Manager, and NEOMED before it is available to applicants. If your program is reviewed after the cycle launches, NEOMED will approve it.
Use the following checklist to make sure you configure your program efficiently and completely. Also, review the best practices found at the end of these articles. If any optional sections of the application are required for your program (e.g., experiences, test scores, etc.), you'll want to note this in your program configurations.
- Review the current application to get a sense of the questions that are already included and what you may want to add.
- Start to pull together any details about your program and school that you want to share with applicants in the application.
- Keep in mind that all pages from the current cycle will be rolled over to the new cycle.
- Work with your Marketing or PR department to choose a branding image that meets the size and format specifications. Images have to be 900x270 pixels, and 250 KB or less.
- Pull together your program’s introductory text and instructions, as well as any requirements information, including supplemental items/fees if you use a two-part application process.
- Review current school and supplemental applications to help you determine which questions you need to ask.
- Pull together information on prerequisites, including any instructions.
☑ 6. Configure Documents
- Ensure you have specific instructions for any documents you are requesting.
- Determine how many evaluations, if any, you want to request.
- Indicate the college transcripts and coursework entry you require.
- Indicate if you want to request high school transcripts.
- Monitor your program’s status by returning to the Configuration Portal.
Review the WebAdMIT Manual for any questions related to working in WebAdMIT. The Documentation and Reference Guides and WebAdMIT Training and Support sections are additional resources as you configure WebAdMIT for your needs. Documents commonly requested include:
- API Overview: learn how to set up an API and schedule automatic data exports from WebAdMIT into your SIS/ERP.
- Custom Export Field Layout: a comprehensive list of all fields available in the Export Manager, including associated lookup tables.
- Master College Code List: a comprehensive list of all college names and their respective Liaison, MDB, CEEB, FICE, and/or IPED codes.
- Transfer Settings Guide: a review of how programs and templates built in WebAdMIT are carried forward each cycle.
The Release Notes feature new enhancements in the Applicant Portal, Configuration Portal, and WebAdMIT, in addition to upcoming training opportunities.
For any questions, contact the Client Support Specialist Team.