Use the Documents section to upload required and optional documents. Available document types include:
- DD214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty: document issued upon a military service member's retirement, separation, or discharge from active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Joint Services Transcript: document that describes military schooling and Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, National Guard, and Navy work experience.
- Financial Transcript: document that is used to monitor student eligibility. When a student transfers from one school to another, the new school must receive a financial aid transcript from any previous schools attended before it disburses grants, loans, or campus-based funds. International students must show sufficient financial resources to cover the cost of a U.S. education for the expected duration of study to obtain a US student visa. Please consult the program websites to which you are applying to determine if you should upload financial certification documentation.
Be sure to proofread and review your documents before you submit the application. Once your application is submitted, you cannot re-upload, update, or edit the document in any way. Common App cannot make changes for you.
If you find an error after submission that you believe could affect the consideration of your application, we recommend sending a corrected version directly to your programs.
Add a Document
- Click Add Document.
- Click Choose File.
- Locate and select your file.
- Click Upload This Document.
Note: you are responsible for protecting any sensitive information in the documents you are uploading (for example, your Social Security Number). Use correction fluid or a security redacting marker to cover any sensitive information.