A successful onboarding of trainees to the Time2Track system is a very important step and one that you will repeat as new cohorts of trainees begin using Time2Track. Use the following tips to ensure trainees understand how to use Time2Track, including how to create accurate placements.
Learn How Trainees Sign Up for Accounts
Unlike supervisors and faculty members, trainees sign up for Time2Track on their own. Depending on your program’s subscription, there are two ways for a trainee to sign up:
Authorization key sign up
Programs that have purchased subscriptions for their trainees are issued a unique authorization key that trainees use to create their accounts. As the institutional administrator, you need to share this key with your trainees once your setup is complete. To find your authorization key, click Accounts, then Authorization Key.
Trainee paid subscription sign up
Programs that require trainees to pay for their own Time2Track subscription will simply direct students to purchase a subscription on the Time2Track website.
Prepare and Send Trainee Signup Information
Once you've finished setting up your institution's Time2Track account, you're ready to send signup information to trainees. The following information should be included in the instructions you send to trainees:
A link to the trainee quick start guide.
The trainee quick start guide provides step-by-step instructions for account and placement set up. Be sure to review this guide before sharing it with trainees.
Authorization key (if applicable).
If you've paid for trainee subscriptions, you need to share your authorization key with trainees. To find your authorization key, click Accounts, then Authorization Key. If you require your trainees to pay for their own subscriptions, you will not use an authorization key.
The official name listed on your Time2Track account.
Providing trainees with the exact name of your Time2Track account ensures they select the correct school when they set up their user profile. To confirm your account name, click Settings and view the name that appears under Your School.
Communicating deadlines for things like account and placement creation can help improve the process.
Additional information and expectations.
Communicating additional details such as expectations for logging and submitting activities, details about completing forms or evaluations, or other department-specific details can also help with a smooth transition.
- ► Click here for an email template you can copy and edit.
Template Subject Line: Time2Track Setup Instructions
This email contains the key information you need to set up your Time2Track account. You'll be using Time2Track to manage all your practicum hours and activities. Read this email carefully and save it for future reference.
You are responsible for setting up your Time2Track account. Please set up your account by [insert date]. You'll need the following information to complete the setup process:
- Authorization Key: [insert authorization key]. This is a unique key and should not be shared.
- Official Time2Track Account Name: [insert official name of your account – you can find this in Settings under Your School].
- Quick Start Guide: this guide provides all the details you need to set up your account. Once your account is created, you'll use this guide to help you create your first placement, log activities and hours, and complete forms and evaluations. You can always find this guide via the Help icon in your Time2Track account.
If you have difficulty setting up your account or have questions, please feel free to contact Time2Track Customer Service and they will assist you.
Verify Trainee Placement Accuracy
(Gold and Platinum Plans)
Once your trainees have created their Time2Track accounts and set up their placements, we encourage you to confirm the accuracy of these placements. Placements are the backbone of the Time2Track system; incorrect placements can affect activity approvals, as well as forms and evaluations. Use these strategies to verify placement accuracy:
- View and Edit Trainee Placements
- Identify Trainees without Placements
- Run the Hours Summary by Student by placement and Supervisor Export in the Analytics tab and check for trainees who have logged hours without any placement information (note: trainees need to have logged hours for this report to work).