What is Online Approval?
Online Approval allows trainees to submit their hours through Time2Track for electronic approval. Supervisors can then review and sign off on hours through their Time2Track accounts. This speeds up the approval process and eliminates the need to circulate paper timesheets and gather physical signatures. As an institutional administrator, you can monitor this process from start to finish. Online Approval is only available for Gold and Platinum plans. Contact the Time2Track sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Online Approval can be implemented at any time for your program, and the setup process is easy. Some benefits to using Online Approval include:
- Eliminating paper timesheets and tracking down supervisors for signatures.
- Saving time by logging all hours and submitting them for approval in one location.
- Tracking any changes made to hours during the approval process.
- Relying on the source location for all hours logged and reviewed, so you know your trainee data is accurate.
How do my trainees use Online Approval?
Before your trainees can use Online Approval, you must first add your courses, training sites, supervisors, faculty members (if you have the Platinum plan), and terms to Time2Track. Trainees can only choose from what you create, which ensures their hours and data are recorded accurately.
Trainees then create placements based on their training experiences, such as practicums and internships. They customize the placement data by selecting a course, training site, term, supervisor, and faculty member (if available) you set up in Time2Track. Next, they log hours based on their activities at the placement.
Once a trainee finishes inputting their hours, they submit their hours to their placement's supervisor. Supervisors can review these hours in their Time2Track accounts and approve or reject them.
As an institutional administrator, you can track all parts of this process:
- Click Training.
- Click Placements to view the placements created by your trainees.
- Click Approvals to view all approval requests and their statuses.
How do I turn on Online Approval?
If you have a Gold or Platinum plan, you need to activate Online Approval after you configure other features (e.g., supervisors, training sites, courses, etc.). This step enables trainees to create placements, submit activities for approval, and complete or send forms and evaluations (Platinum Plans only).
To turn on Online Approval:
- Under Settings, click Profile.
- Under Supervisor Approvals, click Enabled For Students.
- Click Save.
What if I don't use Online Approval?
Your trainees can still use Time2Track to record their hours. They must print activity reports and give them to their supervisors to sign.