Official IELTS scores are submitted electronically to UNMC directly from IELTS (run by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English). Paper copies are not accepted.
Official IELTS scores can be received by UNMC at any point during the application cycle, even after your application is submitted; however, some programs may have a deadline by which they want your scores posted. Once your official IELTS scores are attached to your application, they cannot be removed.
Submitting Your Official IELTS Scores to UNMC
- Self-report your IELTS scores in the Standardized Tests section of the application and include your TRF number. This must be listed for your official scores to be matched to your application.
- Based on your test type, go to IELTS and request your scores be released to UNMC. Check with IELTS about their turnaround and processing times.
- IELTS In-person Test: contact your IELTS test center to send your scores to UNMC. If you took your IELTS test in the USA and want to send your scores after your test date, submit this online form. If your test center has closed, you can request scores by submitting the Application for additional TRFs (from closed test centres) form. You can request scores up to two years from your test date. Additionally, you can send your scores to up to five organizations for free; additional requests have a small fee. Contact your test center for more details.
- IELTS Online Test: use the IELTS test taker portal to submit your scores. You can send your scores to as many as organizations as you wish, with no additional fee.
- After IELTS processing, scores are sent to UNMC in batches and then posted to applications daily. You can view scores attached to your application in the Standardized Tests section of the Check Status tab.
Missing Test Scores
It is your responsibility to follow up on any missing IELTS scores in a timely manner. Before contacting UNMC customer service, first confirm if and when IELTS sent your scores to UNMC.
If you confirmed that IELTS sent your scores to UNMC and your scores are not posted at least two weeks after your test date, contact customer service and provide them with the following details:
- First and last names
- Date of birth
- CAS ID
- TRF number
- Test date
- Date scores were sent by IELTS
We will use this information to determine if we have received the batch and to locate your scores, if possible. If your scores aren't found, we will contact IELTS to troubleshoot.
Note: if your name or date of birth appears differently on your IELTS than it does on your UNMC application, your scores will not automatically post to your account. This often happens with applicants with hyphens, apostrophes, etc., in their names. Wait until IELTS processes the scores, then contact customer service so they can manually connect the scores to your application.