Finding Your UNMC GPA Calculations
Find Your GPA Calculations
You can view your UNMC GPAs once your application has been verified. To view your UNMC GPAs:
- From the application dashboard, navigate to the Submit Application tab.
- Click the download button located next to any program you applied to.
- Open the PDF and use the bookmarks to navigate to the Calculated GPA section.
Because of the standardization that occurs during verification, it is not uncommon to see GPA discrepancies between what your schools calculate and what UNMC calculates. Discrepancies occur because:
- In most cases, UNMC does not recognize individual schools' policies for forgiveness, academic renewal, or grade replacement for repeated courses. All attempts of repeated courses are factored into your UNMC application GPA; however, if you repeated a course at a school with a forgiveness policy where they "zero-out" the credits from your first attempt of a course, UNMC will honor the "zeroed-out" credits.
- If you have repeated coursework with "zeroed-out" credits, then after verification, UNMC Admissions Office will create a GPA that includes the original credits and grades for repeated coursework and use it in application reviews. Note that you cannot access this GPA in your full application PDF; instead, contact UNMC Admissions Office directly for this GPA.
- UNMC's numeric grade values differ from an individual school's.
- UNMC calculates all GPAs in semester hours. Courses that were completed in quarter hours are converted to semester hours. The conversion ratio is 1.0 quarter hour = 0.667 semester hours.
- UNMC breaks down your GPA by academic year, not by college or university. Coursework completed at multiple schools for similar academic years get combined. For example, if you completed freshman coursework at College ABC and freshman coursework at College XYZ, UNMC uses all of that coursework to calculate the GPA for your freshman academic year.