Skip to main content

Update Your Profiles

You can update basic information about yourself and your background on the My Profile and Extended Profile pages. To access, click your name in the upper-right of the application and select My Profile or Extended Profile.

My Profile

Your Legal Name

Enter or update your legal name, including any titles or suffixes. University of Hawaiʻi Community Colleges will use this name in all communications.

Contact Information

Enter or update your email address and phone number(s).

Text and Phone Authorization

Click the checkbox to agree to the Terms of Service and authorize calls and/or text messages to the mobile phone number entered in the Contact Information section above.

Account Information

Use this section to change your username and password.

European Union Data Protection

Indicate if you are physically located in the European Union at the time of this application's submission. Read through the GDPR Privacy Notice and acknowledge that you read and understand the notice.

If you have any questions regarding the GDPR Privacy Notice, please contact the University of Hawaiʻi Data Governance Office at

My Extended Profile

It is imperative that the Extended Profile is completed correctly as the answers determine if additional questions appear in the application.

Citizenship Status

Select your citizenship status.

  • Citizen (U.S.): any individual born in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, or U.S. Virgin Islands; or individuals granted citizenship status by U.S. CIS, or born abroad to a U.S. parent.
  • Non-U.S. Citizen: any individual who is a citizen of non-U.S. country or non-U.S. territory, or who has obtained asylum, refugee, or parolee status for the U.S. CIS, or whose status in the U.S. has not been documented.
  • U.S. National of CoFA Citizen: any individual born in American Samoa or Swains Island or citizens of the Compact of Free Association countries (Republic of the Marshall Islands, Republic of Palau and Federated States of Micronesia which is composed of four states: Chuuk, Kosrae, Pohnpei, and Yap).
  • U.S. Permanent Resident: any individual who resides in the U.S. as a lawful permanent resident with a valid U.S. green card obtained from U.S. CIS.

Current Hawaiʻi State DOE Seniors

If you are a senior at a public high school in Hawaiʻi, you may authorize the University of Hawaiʻi to retrieve your high school coursework from the Hawaiʻi Department of Education (DOE) for placement purposes. To do so, you must:

  • Confirm that you are a high school senior at a public high school in Hawaiʻi.
  • Authorize the University of Hawaiʻi to retrieve data from the Hawaiʻi Department of Education (HIDOE).
  • Enter your HIDOE ID number.

Hawaiʻi Adult Community School Diploma

This section only applies to the University of Hawaiʻi Community Colleges 2024 application.

Under the Hawaiʻi State Department of Education, adult learners who have not graduated with a high school diploma can obtain a High School Equivalency Credential and/or Hawai'i Adult Community School Diploma (i.e., Community School for Adults (CSA) competency-based diploma).

The CSAs offer two recognized High School Equivalency Tests: the General Educational Development (GED) and High School Equivalency Test (HiSET). Both tests are aligned with national Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and College and Career Readiness Standards (CCRS). Additionally, students who completed the Hawaiʻi National Guard Youth Challenge Academyʻs HiSET pathway will receive the High School Equivalency Diploma. More information can be found on the Hawaiʻi Public Schools Adult Education website.

Change in Home Institution Acknowledgment

Select the checkbox to indicate you acknowledge and understand the following:

If you are currently accepted or enrolled at any of the University of Hawaiʻi institutions and want to transfer to a University of Hawaiʻi Community College, complete the Change of Home Institution Form instead of this application. An additional application for admission is not required and will not be processed. If you are a current UH student on an F1 or M1 Visa, you cannot change your home institution with this form. Instead, contact the Admissions Office or your international student advisor at your current home institution for details.

Change of Home Institution Process

All students accepted or enrolled at a University of Hawaiʻi campus have a home institution. The home institution should be the school where you are seeking a degree and where you may apply for financial aid or Veterans Benefits.

Please note:

  • Do not use this form to apply to UH Mānoa, UH Hilo, or UH West Oʻahu
  • The deadline to submit this form for early registration is listed below. Note that earlier deadlines may apply for restricted admission majors. Check with your new home institution for more information.
    • Summer or Fall Academic Terms: April 1
    • Spring Academic Term: November 1

To change your home institution:

  1. Complete the Change of Home Institution form.
  2. Submit the form to the Admissions/Records Office for the institution you want to designate as your new home.
Students Currently Receiving Financial Aid or Veterans Benefits

Financial aid is not transferable between institutions. You must contact the Financial Aid Office at your new home institution for instructions on applying for aid there. If you are receiving Veterans Benefits, contact the VA advisor at your new home institution for instructions on transferring your benefits.

Students Currently on F-1 or M-1 Student Visas

International students must contact the Admissions Office or your international student advisor at your current home institution. Do not submit the Change of Home Institution form.