Skip to main content

University of Hawaiʻi Community Colleges Quick Start Guide and FAQs

What is the University of Hawaiʻi Community Colleges CAS?

The University of Hawaiʻi Community Colleges Centralized Application Service (CAS) simplifies the process of applying to programs at the University of Hawaiʻi Community Colleges (UHCC) (comprised of seven community colleges and community-based learning centers across the state). Begin by selecting the program you wish to apply to, then submit one application that includes all necessary materials. Once received by the University of Hawaiʻi Community Colleges, your application and materials are transmitted to your selected campus(es).

Start your 2023-2024 application.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Transcripts and Documents Programs and Statuses Fees and Payments Other
Do I need to send transcripts?

Transcripts are not required for community college applicants; however, if you are applying for VA benefits or as a transfer student and want your credits evaluated for possible credit, your official transcripts must be sent to the campus you are applying to as soon as possible.


Should I send my high school transcripts?

High school transcripts are not required; however, they may be used to determine placement in college-level English and Math courses.


What if I did not graduate from high school or get my GED?

If you are at least 18 years of age prior to the start of the academic term, a high school diploma or GED is not required for admission. However, you may not qualify for Federal Financial Aid. Current high school students should check with their high school counselor about Early College/Dual Enrollment opportunities.


How do I know what my primary institution is?

Your primary institution or your "home campus" is the institution that you are officially accepted to.


What if I am already attending a University of Hawaiʻi Community College?

If you are a current University of Hawaiʻi Community College student, you do not need to submit an online application. If you want to switch to another community college within the UH System, you must complete a Change of Home Institution form, which can be obtained online or from your campus Admissions and Records office.


How do I remove a program?

Your application must always have at least one program selected. To remove a program, click the checkmark next to the program name on the Add Program tab or click the trash icon on the Submit Application tab.

You can remove program(s) at any time prior to submitting the application; however, any information entered in the Program Materials section will be lost and cannot be retrieved or transferred. Information in the Personal Information, Academic History, and Supporting Information sections will not be affected.


Can I apply to more programs after I submit my application?

You can apply to only one program. If you already submitted an application and now want to apply to another campus, complete a Change of Home Institution form instead of this application.


I submitted my application to the wrong program. What do I do?

Once you submit your application, you cannot remove any programs. To change your program or University of Hawaiʻi Community College campus, contact the campus directly. Note that the University of Hawaiʻi Community Colleges do not offer application fee refunds for any reason.


Will University of Hawaiʻi Community Colleges update me on the status of my application?

Your application status for each program is listed in the Check Status section of the application. See Check Your University of Hawaiʻi Community Colleges Notifications and Status for more information on each status.


When will I learn about admissions decisions? Did I get in!?

Once a decision is made, the campus will email you. If you have any questions about your application status, contact the campus directly.


Is there any other way to pay other than by credit card?

We currently only accept payments by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, and Discover).


I want a refund. What do I need to do?

Application fees are non-refundable. Review Refunding/Withdrawing Your University of Hawaiʻi Community Colleges Application for more information.


What if I do not have an email address or phone number to create an account?

If you don't have an email address, you can use a free email provider like Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail to create one. If you don't have a phone number, enter 808-888-8888.


How is residency determined?

To qualify for resident tuition, you must have been a bona fide resident of Hawaiʻi for at least one calendar year (365 days) prior to the academic term (e.g., fall semester) for which you want to claim resident tuition status. This applies to adults 18 years of age or older. If you are a minor (under 18 years of age), your parents or court-ordered guardians must have been bona fide residents for the calendar year in question.

In addition, whether you are an adult or minor, you must not have been claimed as a dependent for tax purposes by your parents or court-ordered guardians for the calendar year in question if they are not legal residents of Hawai'i. See Residency for more information.