United States Citizenship Details
Select your US or Canadian citizenship status and country of citizenship, if applicable. If you have dual citizenship, indicate your second country of citizenship.
When selecting your status, consider the following definitions which are adapted from the US State Department and Government of Canada sites:
- US or Canadian Citizen: an individual who was born in the US or Canada or attained citizenship through naturalization.
- US or Canadian Permanent Resident: an individual who holds a US Green Card or Canadian permanent resident (PR) card and is permitted to permanently live and work in the US or Canada.
- US or Canadian Temporary Resident: an individual who is an alien – a nonimmigrant foreign national – who is approved to temporarily live in the US or Canada for a specific purpose (e.g., as a student), has a permanent residence abroad, and does not hold a US Green Card or Canadian permanent resident (PR) card.
- Non Resident: an individual who is a nonimmigrant foreign national and who is permitted to travel in the US or Canada for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less.
- None: an individual who has no US or Canadian citizenship or visa (immigrant or nonimmigrant) status.
Note: to ensure applicants are entering consistent data for some questions, this application uses pre-populated answer options that are maintained by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). For example, country answer options are derived from ISO 3166, which is the international standard for country codes and codes for their subdivisions.
Select the US state or Canadian province in which you currently claim residency.